Question about Journey To The Centre Of The Earth LP

ledzep45

I got it today from a charity shop and i was wondering about a number on the front of the lp sleeve. Its machine pressed i think, so it wasn't done by the previous owner by hand. The number is 59. Also the sleeve for the record its-self has nothing written on it, its just plain.

Thanks to anybody who can help me out :D

by Rick Wakeman.....narrated by Rocky's manager (Burgess Meredith).

Can't answer your album question, but ironically someone was just talking about seeing this show at Cobo back in the day, and how special it was. I have this on vinyl, but haven't listened to it in years and years....and I do mean years ! :)

by Rick Wakeman.....narrated by Rocky's manager (Burgess Meredith).

Can't answer your album question, but ironically someone was just talking about seeing this show at Cobo back in the day, and how special it was. I have this on vinyl, but haven't listened to it in years and years....and I do mean years ! :)

:)

ledzep45:

The copy I have (an original pressing) bears no number stamped on the outer sleeve, and the record label itself (A&M) appears normal in every way. I suspect you may have a promonotinal pressing (White Label).

The sleve is of the gate fold type, with three pages in full colour glued in, detailing each of the movements.

The music was recorded on Friday 18th January 1974 at the Royal Festival Hall, London, with The London Symphony Orchestra and The English Chamber Choir. The conductor was David Measham, and the production was narrated by David Hemmings.

RB

ledzep45:

The copy I have (an original pressing) bears no number stamped on the outer sleeve, and the record label itself (A&M) appears normal in every way. I suspect you may have a promonotinal pressing (White Label).

The sleve is of the gate fold type, with three pages in full colour glued in, detailing each of the movements.

The music was recorded on Friday 18th January 1974 at the Royal Festival Hall, London, with The London Symphony Orchestra and The English Chamber Choir. The conductor was David Measham, and the production was narrated by David Hemmings.

RB

I think you may-be right, thanks :)

Here are a few pics of it:

2qwenoo.jpg

2e5jc5k.jpg

27ywlzm.jpg

Archived