Hossam Ramzy

reswati

I just re-discovered the magickal percussion sounds of Hossam Ramzy, the man who made the Page/Plant reunion swing.

Just wanted to know if anybody here could recommend me some records he has made (for I only heard little of him like his work on Peter Gabriel's "Passion", and his "Flamenco Arabe" records.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

He's an amazing drummer! Some of his records are strictly drumming meant to be used as an accompaniment for belly dancers. But I have a records with him and Phil Thorton called "Immortal Egypt" that is wonderful. I'd suggest that. The other one I have is called "Sabla Tolo" and that's just drumming, but if you like that sort of thing, it's cool.

Some of his records are strictly drumming meant to be used as an accompaniment for belly dancers.

That sounds cool. Although, it might be a bit of an overkill to just sit and listen to a whole record.. :D

Ninelives, you're the best!

:toast:

:blush:

That sounds cool. Although, it might be a bit of an overkill to just sit and listen to a whole record.. :D

Yeah, you'd have to really be into that sort of drumming to listen to it as a whole, but it's interesting to play a few tracks here and there. Actually translates better in a live setting.

Reswati - if you like that sort of drumming, another artist I would look into is Omar Faruk Tekbilek. He's Turkish and plays a ton of instruments. He did the soundtrack to the movie Suleyman the Magnificant which is a great record but I'd start with Fire Dance with Brian Keane. Really gorgeous record.

Archived