What is Zeps most perfect song?

McSeven

No Quarter is my favorite, but Achilles has to be the most perfectly constructed song of all time. Rain Song is pretty amazing. So is Levee....oh screw it.

It's like trying to pick your favorite child.

:lol: Yeah, that's why I didn't bother <_<

Levee is a jam. A fucking great jam! But a jam nonetheless. When I think of what might be their perfect song, I think of structure. Composition. Rain Song, Ten Years Gone, Achilles' Last Stand, The Song Remains the Same. These are amazing constructions! Zep might execute a perfect blues, or maybe Whole Lotta Love just says it for you (says it for me too, don't get me wrong) but it's two chords. Perfect in its simplicity, and its heavy groove (again, can't argue that). I was just thinking in terms of composition, as opposed to just laying it down. There's gold to be found in both of course.

And Stairway. There's a reason it's become a cliche. Overplayed. Whatever. Try not listening to it for a year or two, and then listen to it loud on a quality system. Like hot sauce, too many bites and you don't feel the heat anymore. Let your tastebuds recover and sample again!

Great post!! Very well said, agree with you 100%.

Archived