What is Zeps most perfect song?

McSeven

What song do you think from Zep is their most perfect song? I think its When the Levee breaks.

That is a song that you can't really tinker with. I saw P/P do a different version of it with Neil Young. It sucked. They tinkered with Nobody's Fault but mine and Kashmir and it worked. WTLB is perfection.

So whats is Zeps perfect song to you?

Mc7

What song do you think from Zep is their most perfect song? I think its When the Levee breaks.

That is a song that you can't really tinker with. I saw P/P do a different version of it with Neil Young. It sucked. They tinkered with Nobody's Fault but mine and Kashmir and it worked. WTLB is perfection.

So whats is Zeps perfect song to you?

Mc7

I agree on WTLB, but I think these are also perfect:

In My Time of Dying

Stairway to Heaven

Achilles Last Stand...

I agree on WTLB, but I think these are also perfect:

In My Time of Dying

Stairway to Heaven

Achilles Last Stand...

IMTOD was covered by many people. I'm not sure how many before Zeppelin, but I know Bob Dylan did it first. They just made it popular :D So I would say that song is tinkerable. Is that a word :unsure: Um, capable of tinkering?

Edited to say I meant Bob did it before Zeppelin. Not that he was the first to ever do it.

Obviously they are all "perfect" songs but if I had to choose 5 of the songs that I think fit into this category I think I would choose the songs: (in no particular order)

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

In the Light

The Rover

Achilles Last Stand

I honestly can't choose one. Every person has a different definition of "perfect", and even one person's taste could change. It's so difficult to make a decision and I really don't think I have a definitive answer.

As glicine said, everyone's going to have a different take on this because taste is subjective, but even for myself, I couldn't come up with their most perfect song. They covered so much ground stylistically that for me it would be impossible to say any one was "it".

I dunno. If I had to I might pick "Kashmir." Everything about that song comes together so nicely to make it an epic song. The kick-ass riff, Bonzo's drums, the orchestra.... perfect! Picking a favourite Zep song though, I don't think I can do!

Levee is a jam. A fucking great jam! But a jam nonetheless. When I think of what might be their perfect song, I think of structure. Composition. Rain Song, Ten Years Gone, Achilles' Last Stand, The Song Remains the Same. These are amazing constructions! Zep might execute a perfect blues, or maybe Whole Lotta Love just says it for you (says it for me too, don't get me wrong) but it's two chords. Perfect in its simplicity, and its heavy groove (again, can't argue that). I was just thinking in terms of composition, as opposed to just laying it down. There's gold to be found in both of course.

And Stairway. There's a reason it's become a cliche. Overplayed. Whatever. Try not listening to it for a year or two, and then listen to it loud on a quality system. Like hot sauce, too many bites and you don't feel the heat anymore. Let your tastebuds recover and sample again!

I'd have to go with Stairway.Always in my top five rotation of Led Zeppelin favorites.

Why? The song has distinct chapters that segue without flaw.

Starts innocent enough with acoustic and the phenomenal recorder work of JPJ, with the classic solo of Page to a blistering rock ending.

A showcase of the band's diverse talents, I never tire of this song.

I'm not sure about the 'perfect' song but I would say "Stairway To Heaven" and "Kashmir". "Stairway To Heaven" is, if not perfect, the closest song to perfection to me.

ok i love Stairway its a amazing song but i dont think its aneywars near thair best song, its a amazing song but i dont think it truly shows the real zep

Stairway to Heaven will always be the song that defines Led Zeppelin whether you like it or not. Or whether you admit it or not. The casual fan will always say that this is the song that defines them. Us die hard fans may have some differant takes on it, myself not included. I love all their songs but Stairway to Heaven is not just a song. That is too weak of a word to describe it. It is a masterpiece. The masterpiece of all masterpiece's in the history of hard rock or rock n roll. There is no song that even comes close. It is one of those magical works that will never come again. It will live forever. If you want to talk about perfection there are plenty of others though. Heartbreaker, Black Dog, Rock and Roll, Kashmir (which is so unique), Ramble On, Whole Lotta Love, and even the top 40 song Dyer Maker. I mean, Bonzo is so perfect on this song. There is an audience this song will appeal to and yet the same audience probably would not be able to endure Dazed and Confused. Like the Beatles, and those few great super bands, Led Zeppelin was able to change their style from one album to the next.

i no what u mean i can onestly say i love every zep song and stairway is one of my favrets like u sed it is a masterpiece but i just think thare are songs that better represent them, i think that ledzeppelin 1 is the album that best defins them

and i love Dyer Maker it shows how divers thay were

I'd have to say Stairway and Achilles Last Stand. A lot of Zep's "true" fans dislike Stairway because its become commercialized, which is kind've goes against a lot of what the rest of Zeppelin is about (and I can understand that). In reality though, there is a reason that Stairway has become so huge, because its simply an epic song. It brings out everything that is great with Zeppelin. From the melodic arppegios to start and throughout the song, poetic lyrics, the keyboard to perfectly complement the rest of the song, all show the softer side of Zep. From when Bonham's drums kick in though, it starts to get the more known Zep feel until it culminates in probably the most known (and argubly one of the best) solos of all time, to finally a full in your face rock anthem. It shows every shade and color of zep at their best.

As for ALS, just all of the guitar layering, JPJ's running basslines, the sound of Bonhams drums rifling through the song. I just feel the way it came out from the studio that it couldn't be re-done and be any better. The song just takes you on an adventure, a journey. The song live doesn't do it for me nearly as much simply because I feel the studio version reached its epic peak. Not to mention the solo in the studio version just sounds like emotion is pouring through the speakers Jimmy's guitar wails away during those bends. I feel like the live versions of Zep's songs are always as good (or at least close) or even better than the studio's, but this one is just completely different.

I've always preferred sativa. Good indica's come with couchlock. But sometimes that's good. You guys in Cali have the best to pick from. I'm jealous!

Yeah, I prefer the more mind stimulating varieties. On the couch eating the entire contents of your kitchen is a no win situation! :lol:

"Dude! Cream cheese and oatmeal cookies rule! Hey, is that cocktail sauce? Pass that over! :hysterical:

Yeah, I prefer the more mind stimulating varieties. On the couch eating the entire contents of your kitchen is a no win situation! :lol:

"Dude! Cream cheese and oatmeal cookies rule! Hey, is that cocktail sauce? Pass that over! :hysterical:

That's exactly why I stopped doing wake and bakes!

Archived