Should Zep play the Super Bowl?

Alright, now I didn't see a thread for this, so I think I need to ask the question: Should Led Zeppelin play at one of the future Super Bowls? It still wouldn't be too late for them to be invited to play the next one, Super Bowl XLIV.

Here's my reasoning:

1) Why not?

2) It's been nearly two years since the reunion.

3) They're not getting any younger.

4) We're not getting any more patient, waiting for another reunion.

5) The Super Bowl is watched by the majority of the U.S.(and with today's technology, much of the world)every year, so it's not like they'd be worried about a shortage of viewers.

6) This could be a huge opportunity for them to present themselves to new and potential fans.

7) It'd be something of a make-up for those fans that didn't go to the O2.

8) They seemed to have fun playing at the O2.

9) It'd be a sweet treat for the fans who've never actually been to a Zep concert and an awesome reminiscing for those who have.

10) They're Led Zeppelin! :cheer::yay:

Besides, there really isn't anyone else as big as Zep that hasn't performed in a while:

Aerosmith: performed in 2001(too recent).

AC/DC: possible, but I think they're too loud for the Super Bowl.

Metallica: way too loud.

Jeff Beck: a little too obscure.

Rolling Stones: performed in 2006(too recent), and they aren't doing anything at the moment that I've heard.

Paul McCartney: performed in 2005(too recent).

Jonas Brothers: too poppy, and too new.

Pink Floyd: good idea, but with the passing of Rick Wright in '08( :( ), it wouldn't be the same.

Yes: not quite popular enough.

Rush: ditto.

Bad Company: ditto.

Doobie Brothers: ditto.

Steely Dan: ditto, and not quite the right music for the Super Bowl.

Any way, that's my opinion. What do you think?

L8r,

Jo :D

How's it going "pagemccartney95?" Yes, but only on one condition: "That the MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN plays a 3 hour half-time gig!" Wouldn't that be great even if it is wishful thinking? ROCK ON!

A LATE NOTE: If this does happen by a slight chance, they had better start the Super Bowl early in the morning. ROCK ON!

Archived