Steve Marriott and Robert Plant

Ive read that Robert Plant really used to love Steve Marriott, and if you listen to Whole Lotta Love and You Need Loving(Small Faces) you can see where he got it from. Also ive read that Robert would attend some Small Faces concerts. And Steve has been quoted as saying to Robert, "Go on my son". I was wondering if anyone knows anything else about this, because i really want to find out what else what on between the two, if anything.. Thanks for helping :)

Yes, Plant's voice sounded even more like Marriott when Robert was recording for CBS Records, as evidenced on his "Sixty Six to Timbuktu" for a few tracks from that time period. So, I'm thinking Percy liked Steve's style. Marriott was a party monster ... Paul McCartney had some issues (taking his Wings guitar player) with Steve and getting the guitarist even more hooked on the cocoa plant's by-product, if I remember correctly.

BUT, WHAT A VOICE!!!!

Wasn't Marriott Page's first choice for Led Zeppelin vocalist? There's a story that his management got wind of his intentions and sent Grant and Page a letter asking how he'd like to play guitar with broken fingers. That was Marriott right?

Archived