47 ft. Ketch Sail Boat named "Kashmir" completion 2010

wendynaa

Kashmir- The Boat

We have purchased a 47ft. Ketch Sail Boat and plan to name and decorate the interior from the essence of the song "Kashmir". Any ideas for the interior! Long ago, my husband also named his band Kashmir.,

Due to illness, the band ended but the essence of Kashmir and the love of the Zeppelin song carries on. We just recently purchased the Ketch and sailed her 500 miles around the greeat Lakes of Michigan. She is currently bring refurbished in the theme of "Kashmir "as we would like to pay tribute to Led Zeppelin and the song. Any suggustions you may have for the interior would be appreciated. Completion of the project is expected in the fall of 2010.

Thanks!

sounds like a cool idea...i would have the upholstery done with the bright patterned fabric from northern india...

Hi Marolyn- Thanks for your comments, we are not really the typical Sail Boat owners, just want to do something great in our retirement in a few years. Boat Kashmir is getting alot of local attention especially from a local Interior design team. The fabric is a Eastern Red/Copper/ Butterscotch and the countertop is Red- and lighter than granite . Currently we are working on the top of the boat taking apart the deck. Will start posting photos as soon as we get the first before and after of the deck. Thanks!

please post some photos when you are done...

Oh.... I don't know maybe some type of mountain/desert/arid theme with a lot of northeast African, Middle Eastern, Indian (east), southeastern Turkish and/or southwestern Chinese stuff about.

Colors should be shade's of tan's and red's with medium green's, silver and gray's. Avoid blue's and light green's if possible, use gold, white, black and purple sparingly.

$.02 worth for the low low cost of .... nothing!

If your talking about paint, then i would paint it a sand color to your liking. but still make the ceiling a ceiling white, just to give it a border and a feel, ya know. no matter how small the room, you need that ceiling white. i would go with the benjamin moore, super hide, standard white, 2082 or whatever the number is...its good, a white with a touch of grey and blue in it, much better than just bright white. if you do it, don't forget two coats. and if it needs to be primed, kilz primer or any primer you can find.

just realized there is probably an interior to the boat, which cant be painted. how about shells, rope and those little sail boat hammocks for storage then and a couple of lobster pot buoys for good nautical measure.

just realized there is probably an interior to the boat, which cant be painted. how about shells, rope and those little sail boat hammocks for storage then and a couple of lobster pot buoys for good nautical measure.

I love the Lobster Buoy Idea. I have been using one for the man overboard flad on deck. It needs a new flag and some paint.

Thanks,

W

Archived