How to play Bron yr Aur Stomp

Andreu

Hi guys, first sorry for by bad english :unsure:

I've been playing guitar for 1 year, and actually I can play some zeppelin songs, but Bron yr aur stomp is so complicated for me because I don't know the tuning and I can't find a reliable tab.

Can somebody send me a nice tab of this song or a lesson video?

Thanks, Andreu

Hi Andreu! and welcome :):wave: Re: Bron yr Aur Stomp's tabs, there's another thread a little below yours which mentions some tabs.... Alfred studio notation/tab version. Just take a look at that thread. It might help a little bit. Since one of the posters there mentions that Jimmy Page uses some Chet Atkins riffs, get ready for some jazzy chords. (But then again, he (Atkins) used EZ chords like E7, too :) ) I'm sure you'll do very well! ;):beer:

Edited to self-correct: Jimmy Page uses the Chet Atkins riffs in the DVD live version of "Bron yr Aur Stomp" (Earls Court '75), not the studio version. That, like the guy said in the other thread, is the longer, extended fantastic solo.

I have the Alfred "Acoustic Classics Volume 1" right in front of me. The tuning is Open F DADF#AD. Youtube also has some video lessons. Good luck! This the toughfest Zeppelin song I tried yet and couldn't even work out the intro. :slapface:

The studio version is tape speed altered, which is why all the confusion ensues with tabs, because they try and compensate. Tune to open G.

and check this guy out. ;)

That was amazing. Hope to be able and play it one day but don't have the chops yet. :slapface:

I saw the live version the other day and couldn't get it out of my head so thought I would give it another go. So far I've learned that the studio version tab I have is in Open F and capoed at the 3rd fret. Forgot to mention that the other day. The live version as Ev mentioned is in open G and there doesn't seem to be a tab for it anywhere.

Right now I'm sitting here in Open G wondering how hard it would be to convert Open F tab to Open G or would it be worth it? I know it wouldn't be the same exactly but so far I know the first two harmonics and have no idea where to go from here. :depressed:

The studio version is tape speed altered, which is why all the confusion ensues with tabs, because they try and compensate. Tune to open G.

and check this guy out. ;)

Isn't this the song that Page got inspiration from Ledbelly's "Pick a Bail of Cotton"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE9QYkkxyVQ

It's not the exact same but, I hear the influence that may have come from it.

Archived