Led Zeppelin "Over London"

proogiant

Alright so I came across a torrent for a Led Zep album called "Over London." I had never heard of it, so out of curiosity I downloaded it. The album sounds like it's just ripped from vinyl. Does anyone know the history of this album? I looked all over Google and Wikipedia and couldn't find anything about it. Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about this mysterious album?!?!

• 2 years later...

I own a copy of this LP. It's actually a European Fan Club promo disc, so don't think it's a bootleg per se. I bought this used in 1986 while I was living in Italy. The vinyl is pretty low grade and there's really not much information on the album except for a serial number of PMCB-023. I'll see if I can snap a photo of the cover and upload it.

As for resale value, don't think it's that high. A couple of years ago I tried selling it at a record trade show and the highest bid I got for it was $10. I've kept it and tried to clean it as best as I can but it's showing its age and the poor quality pressing doesn't help either. Still, a fascinating listen for any Zep fan. The highlights really are the cuts from IV. Apparently, the "Stairway to Heaven" and "Black Dog" live recordings were done prior to the release of the album. The album cover does note that these live recordings were done in 1969-1970. Pretty cool.

^^^

Ditto what he said. Led Zeppelin never had an official fan club, and by 1986, the band was long defunct anyway. Why have a fan club for a band that doesn't exist?

Plus, how would the band be playing "Black Dog" and "Stairway to Heaven" if the recordings were listed as being from 1969-70? No, what you have sounds like yet another of the seemingly thousands of releases of the April 1, 1971 BBC broadcast of the Paris Theatre concert.

Archived