RPG anyone?

BonzoLikeDrumer

Don't know if many of us here are into game's or not, I enjoy a good game and can remember the 1980's when (before complex computer graphic's) these text based RPG's where the only gaming a PC was capable of doing. This is how it all started so, I will begin with a few simple rule's.

This is a sequential and progressive write, read and respond game that will have nothing to do with reality and everything to do with creative writing and spare time enjoyment.

Any one can play and there is no winning the game and shall be no loser's, just an adventure in our own creative mind's.

With no winning and losing we will avoid the, I and me and concentrate on writing a responsive solution to the for given puzzle, action's or the particular situation that has been portrayed in the previous posting in the thread.

You can change the game with your response but you must keep with the post you are responding to and anything left hanging (with in that post) must be addressed and if needed "resolved" in your new posting. If someone misses something in there response it's no big deal! The person who originally wrote the post can readdress and or complete the event(s).

If you want to ask a question about the hanging situation you can and if you do the game will hold until that (all) question is answered.

If you wish to respond to only part of a posting you can but, let it be known in your response so it's not forgotten.

We will deal only with the living and historical type things, and even if we may encounter some large monster sized (lion, tiger, elephant ect.) creature's this will remain realistic and not turn into a fantasy world with warlock's and witches and so forth. We may find heath elixir's to boost your heath rate and after a battle you can eat food and drink water to bring you health back. But that can not be done after your heath has already expired or run out or, if your in the middle of a battle, so if you buy one, you take it then, and your heath rating rises. This and armor upgrade's is all you can get to help keep your health going in a battle!

After a battle is won and your team is the victor's you health goes back to full but you lose any extra boost you lost in that battle. So if you buy 50 extra health and start a battle with 150 health and at the end of the battle you are down to 25 health, you only go back up to 100 health. To get back that extra boot you will have to find it and buy trade, or what ever you can accomplish.

Your broken weapons never come back! If you have 30 hit point's in your shield and it get's removed in a battle it's gone for ever (like the health booster) and you must find a replacement on your own!

So, if you wish to play create a character from the Medieval time, from any part of the world you wish. I must ask that you begin with a weak characters! Like I have started, with a Squire, who would have been a teen aged young man still in training with an actual dubbed knight. There are many other possibilities, here's a link http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/glossary.html that gives many different high ranking title names in different parts of the world. You can pick any you wish, or any other you can find or come up with but, you will start out like my player, weak, un-experienced and with the same money. But don't worry, the first bad guy's we run into will be no stronger than us so it'll be fare. If you meet any friend's (that will fight with you) they will have the same benefits you achieve, if you buy some extra armor at a market, they get it too, and so on.

After your team win's a battle they get the spoils of war, anything the dead have, now becomes the winner's and the teams evenly divide all booty! Last man standing (or last man to make the last kill) rolls to determine what the dead give up as booty and then start's the next game!

Playing the game

When you read a post with a task or battle, you ask yourself what am I going to do? Is there an object to try and pick up or to move? (careful, it may be attached to a trap!) Or is there someone (something) coming at me (or looking as they are about to)? Or am I just walking down a road, city street or in the wood's ect. Maybe I'm standing in the middle of a small village, it just depends on what the person before you has written in there post.

You only complete the task's, action's of your character and anything that is directed towards your character or deals directly with your character in the sequence of event's laid out.

Dice roll's

d4 1-4 # dice for yes and no questions. 3 & 4 being yes, 1 & 2 being no, 4 being a very positive yes and 1 being a stern no! (get it?)

d100 1-100 # for percentage question's. Say you walk into a room with 20 people in it and you want to know what percentage of them are bad guy's? (got it?)

Example

Say I walk into a room .. OK, how big is this room? Small room or grand ball room?

I roll the 1-4 dice (d4) ... I get a 4, so the room is quite small! (understand?)

Now I want to know how many people are in the room, a lot or just 1 or 2 people?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 2, so there is some people in the room but less that half full.

Here is where you start making the picture, I myself see a small room as...Oh, 20 X 40 feet. So if it where full, there would be 20 people or so in there. But the dice roll stated that the room is less than half full so I figure 8 people are in the room.

Now, say this room is in a bar or tavern, the next question would be... Is there drinking going on?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 2, so there is some drinking going on but it must be early because no one is falling down drunk yet, or maybe there are no heavy drinker's in the room or something or another.

The next logical question? Is there any violence going on?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, wow, the place is in the middle of a heated battle!

Next question.. Is it a free-for-all? Or have side's been drawn?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 2, so the battle has been divided into 2 team's! (1 or 3 would have been a free-for-all)

Next question.. Are these guy's solder's or just commoner's?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice I get a 2, so half are solder's and the other are commoner's. (4 would have been all solder's and 1 all commoner's)

Next question.. Is any one in the fight a friend of ours?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice I get a 2, so the solder's are our buddies! And we take there side as soon as we enter the room!

OK, now it's time to find out when you come in!

So you ask, is any fighting directed at me?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, so as soon as I walk in the room some one attacks me!

Do they hit me or miss me?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 2, so, as I walk into the bar a beer mug come's whizzing buy me just missing my arm and crashes on the wall behind me!

I have a short range missile weapon (arquebus) so I'll take a shot at the guy attacking me, do I hit him?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, well, this guy is now out of the game! Dead as a door nail!

The person attacking me and myself have finished one move and response so .....

My turn is now over and the next player gets to do there thing!

Buying thing's

Buying thing's like armor, health elixir's, food & water etc (even information) is done by asking simple yes and no question's.

Example

I want to buy some food, so I go to a market and ask... Is there any food here?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, so this market has the best quality food in town!

Next question... Can I buy a day's supply of food for a percentage of my copper? (start with the lest valuable coin you have)

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, so I can get food for some of my copper coin's. (if I get a 1 I must go to the next available coin I have)

Now I roll the 1-100 (d100) dice .... I get a 30, so for 30 percent of my copper (what ever you have) I get the food. Say I have 100 copper so I subtract 30 from that and end up with 70 remaining. (OK?)

Asking Questions..

If you ask a yes or no question and you get a 1 on your roll (d4) the answer is a stern no and the person you asked has walked away (not to happy) and that's that! Get a 4 and the answer is a very kind one and you can get a lot more information from that person!

Here's a good dice roller that run's on the web so you can roll for an outcome of the post you make (please don't cheat)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/glossary.html

All in all, it maters not how, but just that it is done!

I'm going to limit the start to 5 characters just to see how it goes. But, if any one wishes to leave a comment just do a quick reply so as not to confuse us in the game. Thank's in advance for that.

As soon as we get 5 people to join I'll start the ball rolling with a scenario of some sort.

Should be fun!! :D

The Medieval Squire 1000 gold, 300 silver, 100 copper

I am a young Medieval Squire! With my master's chivalric code firmly in my heart, head and mace, I start my quest towards the brave merit's of Knighthood with a walk down a county road. Just a short distance from a large walled city.

Speed (on horseback) 0 (max 100)

Armor (stud leather) 30 (max 100)

Armor (horse stud leather) 0 (max 100)

Helmet (metal) 0 (max 50)

Shield (wood) 0 (max 50)

Attack

Missile (short range) 0 (max 100)

Missile (long range) 0 (max 100)

Melee (mace) 30 (max 100)

Experience 0 (max 500)

Health 100 (max 500)

I had to make some changes to the game play and a few rule's.

This is a sequential and progressive write, read and respond game that will have nothing to do with reality and everything to do with creative writing and spare time enjoyment.

Any one can play and there is no winning the game and shall be no loser's, just an adventure in our own creative mind's.

With no winning and losing we will avoid the, I and me and concentrate on writing a responsive solution to the for given puzzle, action's or the particular situation that has been portrayed in the previous posting in the thread.

You can change the game with your response but you must keep with the post you are responding to and anything left hanging (with in that post) must be addressed and if needed "resolved" in your new posting. If someone misses something in there response it's no big deal! The person who originally wrote the post can readdress and or complete the event(s).

If you want to ask a question about the hanging situation you can and if you do the game will hold until that (all) question is answered.

If you wish to respond to only part of a posting you can but, let it be known in your response so it's not forgotten.

We will deal only with the living and historical type things, and even if we may encounter some large monster sized (lion, tiger, elephant ect.) creature's this will remain realistic and not turn into a fantasy world with warlock's and witches and so forth. We may find heath elixir's to boost your heath rate and after a battle you can eat food and drink water to bring you health back. But that can not be done after your heath has already expired or run out or, if your in the middle of a battle, so if you buy one, you take it then, and your heath rating rises. This and armor upgrade's is all you can get to help keep your health going in a battle!

After a battle is won and your team is the victor's your health goes back to full but you lose any extra boost you lost in that battle. So if you buy 50 extra health and start a battle with 150 health and at the end of the battle you are down to 25 health, you only go back up to 100 health. To get back that extra boost you will have to find it and buy, trade, or what ever you can accomplish.

Your broken weapons never come back! If you have 30 hit point's in your shield and it get's removed in a battle it's gone for ever (like the health booster) and you must find a replacement on your own!

Health boost is max of 100 point's per elixir (roll 1-100# d100 for out come) and you can only buy one per day.

Armor, melee weapons & shield upgrades one level at a time adding 20 point's per upgrade, helmet 10 point's at a time (roll 1-4# d4 dice for yes or no out come).

We all must stay together when moving or traversing thing's or area's in question.

Example

If we are walking along and come to a bridge, the first to cross must wait for the last to cross before moving on or starting a battle, buy things, asking questions, and so on.

After your team win's a battle you get the spoils of war, anything the dead have, now becomes the winner's and the teams evenly divide all booty! 15 experience point's for each enemy solder you kill and 5 for each commoner you kill.

Last man standing (or last man to make the last kill) rolls to determine what the dead give up as booty and then start's the next game!

So, if you wish to play, create a character from the Medieval time, from any part of the world you wish. I must ask that you begin with a weak characters! Like I have started, with a Squire, who would have been a teen aged young man still in training with an actual dubbed knight. There are many other possibilities, here's a link http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/glossary.html that gives many different high ranking title names in different parts of the world. You can pick any you wish, or any other you can find or come up with but, you will start out like my player, weak, un-experienced and with the same money. But don't worry, the first bad guy's we run into will be no stronger than us so it'll be at least an even mach. If you meet any friend's (that will fight with you) they will have the same benefits you achieve, if you buy some extra armor at a market, they get it too, and so on.

Buying thing's

Buying thing's like armor, health elixir's, food & water etc (even information) is done by asking simple yes and no question's.

Example

I want to buy some food, so I go to a market and ask... Is there any food here?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, so this market has the best quality food in town!

Next question... Can I buy a day's supply of food for a percentage of my copper? (start with the lest valuable coin you have)

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, so I can get food for some of my copper coin's. (if I get a 1 I must go to the next available coin I have)

Now I roll the 1-100 (d100) dice .... I get a 30, so for 30 percent of my copper (what ever you have) I get the food. Say I have 100 copper so I subtract 30 from that and end up with 70 remaining. (OK?)

Asking Questions..

If you ask a yes or no question and you get a 1 on your roll (d4) the answer is a stern no and the person you asked has walked away (not to happy) and that's that! Get a 4 and they answer is a very kind one and you can get a lot more information from that person!

Playing the game

When you read a post with a task or battle, you ask yourself, "what am I going to do?" Is there an object to try and pick up or to move? (careful, it may be attached to a trap!) Or is there someone (something) coming at me (or looking as they are about to)? Or am I just walking down a road, city street or in the wood's ect. Maybe I'm standing in the middle of a small village, it just depends on what the person before you has written in there post.

You only complete the task's, action's of your character and anything that is directed towards your character or deals directly with your character in the sequence of event's laid out.

Dice roll's

d4 1-4 # dice for yes and no questions. 3 & 4 being yes, 1 & 2 being no, 4 being a very positive yes and 1 being a stern no! (get it?)

d100 1-100 # for percentage question's. Say you walk into a room with 20 people in it and you want to know what percentage of them are bad guy's? (got it?)

Example

Say I walk into a room .. OK, how big is this room? Small room or grand ball room?

I roll the 1-4 dice (d4) ... I get a 4, so the room is quite small! (understand?)

Now I want to know how many people are in the room, a lot or just 1 or 2 people?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 2, so there is some people in the room but less that half full.

Here is where you start making the picture, I myself see a small room as...Oh, 20 X 40 feet. So if it where full, there would be 20 people or so in there. But the dice roll stated that the room is less than half full so I figure 8 people are in the room.

Now, say this room is in a bar or tavern, the next question would be... Is there drinking going on?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 2, so there is some drinking going on but it must be early because no one is falling down drunk yet, or maybe there are no heavy drinker's in the room or something or another.

The next logical question? Is there any violence going on?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, wow, the place is in the middle of a heated battle!

Next question.. Is it a free-for-all? Or have side's been drawn?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 2, so the battle has been divided into 2 team's! (1 or 3 would have been a free-for-all, 4 is 4 teams)

Next question.. Are these guy's solder's or just commoner's?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice I get a 2, so half are solder's and the other are commoner's. (4 would have been all solder's and 1 all commoner's)

Next question.. Is any one in the fight a friend of ours?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice I get a 2, so the solder's are our buddies! And we take there side as soon as we enter the room!

Being as this was the first battle I gave no one any extra experience point's, but as thing's move on you would roll 1-100# (d100) for a percentage of experience point's of each enemy in the battle.

OK, now it's time to find out when you come in!

So you ask, is any fighting directed at me?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, so as soon as I walk in the room some one attacks me!

Do they hit me or miss me?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 2, so, as I walk into the bar a beer mug come's whizzing buy me just missing my arm and crashes on the wall behind me!

I have a short range missile weapon (arquebus) so I'll take a shot at the guy attacking me, do I hit him?

Again, I roll the 1-4 (d4) dice ... I get a 4, well, this guy is now out of the game! Dead as a door nail!

The person attacking me and myself have finished one move and response so .....

My turn is now over and the next player gets to do there thing!

If some one has a high experience rate they can run the attacker off before any combat even start's or cause unrest from his action's. The same effect is global with firearm's and heavy melee weapon's (large hammer's, large bearded axes, etc)!

Example

I come to a solder with 200 experience and I only have 50. I will not be able to fight as I've been run off by his high experience (factor of X4).

Or, the example I gave with the arquebus shot above, after I shoot the attacker dead with one shot (4 on the d4 dice) of a very loud firearm, I would roll the d4 dice again to see if that event had any effect on the other enemy's in the room (only by rolling more than 3). If you roll a 2, 3 or 4 it has made an effect so, roll the d100 again to see what percentage of the enemy's run away. Roll a 1 and it has no effect at all.

Short range missile weapons are so deadly that there is only a 1, 2, 3, or 4 out come!

So roll the 1-4# (d4) dice, 1 is a miss, 2 is a graze (50 hit point's), 3 will put them down for the rest of the battle and 4 is instant death.

For melee and long range missiles, roll the 1-4# (d4) dice to see if you make contact or not, 1 & 2 is a miss and 3 & 4 being a hit.

Next, roll the 1-10# (d10) dice to get a percentage of hit point's from your armor (1 being 10% and so on), if you have a shield, you lose it there first. After losing all your armor and shield point's you start taking away from your health point's.

Example

I get hit with a 2 handed sword that has 60 hit point's, roll a 3 on the d4 dice and 6 on the d10 dice so the modifier will be 20 points (if the roll had been 10 I would have taken all 60 point's). So I take 40 hit point's off my first line of defense, this being my 40 hit point shield, It has been broken into little pieces! If the hit would have been the full 60, I would have lost the shield and taken a 20 point hit to my next line of defense, this being the 40 hit point's in my armor. So I would be left with no shield and only 20 hit point's left to my armor.

Here's a good dice roller that run's on the web so you can roll for an outcome of the post you make (please don't cheat)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/glossary.html

All in all, it maters not how, but just that it is done!

I'm going to limit the start to 5 characters just to see how it goes. But, if any one wishes to leave a comment just do a quick reply so as not to confuse us in the game. Thank's in advance for that.

As soon as we get 5 people to join I'll start the ball rolling with with a scenario of some sort.

Should be fun!! :D

The Medieval Squire 1000 gold, 300 silver, 100 copper

I am a young Medieval Squire! With my master's chivalric code firmly in my heart, head and mace, I start my quest towards the brave merit's of Knighthood with a walk down a county road. Just a short distance from a large walled city.

Speed (on horseback) 0 (max 100)

Armor (stud leather) 40 (max 100)

Armor (horse) 0 (max 100)

Helmet (metal) 10 (max 50)

Shield (wood) 40 (max 100)

Attack

Missile (short range) d4 roll

Missile (long range) 0 (max 100)

Melee (mace) 40 (max 100)

Experience 0 (max 500)

Health 100 (max 500)

Archived