Pearl Jam at the Philadelphia Spectrum 10/27/09

Wolfman

I went to the first of four shows which will be the last concerts ever at the legendary Spectrum in Philadelphia, PA (last show is Halloween night). What a show! I missed the opener, Social Distortion, but no big deal when you are there to see Pearl Jam. The boys were on big time tonight. They started with a short video of all the great sporting events and athletes to ever play there and then the band came out to "Fanfare for Rocky" (the song that opens most of the Rocky movies). Very cool moment if you are a big Philly sports fan like me. Lots of rarities and, as usual, incredible jams. Eddie was very respectful of the history in that arena. He got wild at the end and tossed tambourines into the crowd. He then got real crazy and stood in the crowd. I had a blast at an arena I will truly miss. Lots of concerts, sporting events, and WWF wrestling were part of my childhood there. I agree with Eddie when he mentioned how great the acoustics at the Spectrum are. The sound just melts into the crowd. Thanks Pearl Jam.

Here's the setlist and photos from their website:

October 27, 2009 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Wachovia Spectrum Arena

Set List: Corduroy, Whipping, Hail Hail, Supersonic, Dissident, Unthought Known, Faithfull, Parachutes, Unemployable, Immortality, Green Disease, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater Kinney), Rival, Nothingman, Ghost, Do The Evolution, Why Go

1st encore: Bee Girl, Just Breathe with string quartet, The End with string quartet, All Those Yesterdays, State Of Love And Trust, Mankind (sung by Stone Gossard), The Fixer, Go

2nd encore: Daughter, Love, Reign O're Me (Townshend), Black, Leash, Rearviewmirror, Rockin' In The Free World (Young)

Photos:

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/homepage/Pearl_Jam_at_the_Spectrum.html?cmpid=42907682

Archived