The White Stripes

zepps_apprentice

It could be time to revive this thread--

Stripes thread

I adore that band, though as they've now been inactive for a while and for the foreseeable future, it might be better to turn it into a Jack White/Dead Weather thread.

(Btw, I don't think Death Letter is a junior version of anything, though I agree that the three of them playng IMTOD was the highlight of IMGL! :) )

(Btw, I don't think Death Letter is a junior version of anything, though I agree that the three of them playng IMTOD was the highlight of IMGL! :) )

I don't even know what that means but "Death Letter" is my favorite White Stripes song with "Let's Build A Home" & "Bound To Pack It Up" not that far behind. That whole album is a modern classic.

Happy New Year Otto! :wave:

Sorry to write in acronyms, Kaiser, but I hope it's now clear what I was saying! I was just disagreeing that Death Letter was a junior version of In My Time of Dying, as apart from the fact they both use slide I don't think they've got much in common. But I too love that whole album. :)

Happy New Year Otto! :wave:

Sorry to write in acronyms, Kaiser, but I hope it's now clear what I was saying! I was just disagreeing that Death Letter was a junior version of In My Time of Dying, as apart from the fact they both use slide I don't think they've got much in common. But I too love that whole album. :)

Oh, ok. Sorry, I was a bit confused. But that's what I was referring to as far as Jack's guitar playing on "Death Letter". I feel it's somewhat similar to Page's on parts of "IMTOD", even though "Death Letter" as a song is completely stripped down & "IMTOD" is an ambitous musical monster, that's why I said "junior" in regards to "Death Letter", not as a slight to either song as I love them both.

I can't wait until that White Stripes box set comes out. It's not out yet is it? I'm a little behind on dates of releases.

Archived