Intonation?

Discipulus

It's all about the length of each string on a guitar.

I think your referring to scale length? Just did a workshop on setups. Hard to explain. Several factors that go into intonating a guitar but the goal is to have all the notes (standard tuning) lining up with the frets. At the 12th fret for example you want EADGBe. Not sharp or flat or off a whole step which would make your guitar play out of whack. Hope that helps.

I think your referring to scale length? Just did a workshop on setups. Hard to explain. Several factors that go into intonating a guitar but the goal is to have all the notes (standard tuning) lining up with the frets. At the 12th fret for example you want EADGBe. Not sharp or flat or off a whole step which would make your guitar play out of whack. Hope that helps.

If you (or anyone) do some research on how sound works acoustically and how it's presented/measured on paper you will understand what I'm talking about. B)

I did one of those work shop things too, it was called a college degree.. :)

If you (or anyone) do some research on how sound works acoustically and how it's presented/measured on paper you will understand what I'm talking about. B)

I did one of those work shop things too, it was called a college degree.. :)

Hey, I didn't claim to be an expert but know a little more than the average person I think.;) Back to scale length. Scale length is the distance from the nut to the 12th fret x2 correct?

Hey, I didn't claim to be an expert but know a little more than the average person I think.;) Back to scale length. Scale length is the distance from the nut to the 12th fret x2 correct?

Oh OK, if I must spell it out for you...

Sound is actually a wave form and, the frequency of each sound you hear has a size and length to it.

The longer the wave form (distance between the rarefaction and compression of the sign wave) the lower the frequency it is.

Make any more since to you now?

Archived