Grandparents

BonzoLikeDrumer

Grandparents, I'm a total dumb ass today! :bagoverhead: I was supposed to take my grand daughter to a story telling at one of our local bookstores today and I forgot!

We had planed it last week end after seeing a movie and my sister who has been in town (she didn't know) for the holiday's suggested that we go see some of our other family in another town. I just let it slip my mind and I feel like a dope for forgetting my only grandchild, I remembered after we had already gotten to our new destination and have been trying to call all day but can not get through.

I tried to call my son who is in another state (he's in the Navy) but can't get through there either. I'm sure that my daughter-in-law was working tonight and maybe that's why I couldn't get to her on her cell.

I don't know, she's only 7 and we always have a great time together when we do thing's and it's good to get her out of my daughter-in-laws hair for a while I'm sure.

Don't know if any one here has been this forgetful or not but I wanted to tell some one else out of the family and see how you might smooth thing's over.

I've felt bad all day about forgetting as she like's reading and stories a lot! I'm afraid she got some of my creativeness and has a huge imagination like me (and her dad too). I'll try getting up with them again tomorrow so I can do my best to make it up to her.

Thanks in advance

Hi, BLD! :wave: I'm sorry about the cancelled event. Maybe plan something else equally fun and mark it down on your regular calendar, email calendar & cell phone calendar so you'll be prepared. I hope it all works out for you, my friend! :D

I'm sure that you will be forgivin, as they will know you are truly sorry. It sounds like you have a good relationship already and this is not the norm for you so I am sure that they will understand. You can find ways to make amends to her.

This was not family, but me, my husband and kids went on a 4 day cruise one time and on Monday before we got back I had totally forgot to make arrangements for the car pool I was driving. The kids were on the curb waiting for me and I never showed up. Didn't realize it until I got home and one of the mom's called to let me know. I felt like such a heel. :bagoverhead: When I picked up the kids the next day, I told them all how very sorry I was for forgetting them. They understood.

Archived