It Never Rains In California

redrum

It's raining again. Moved into my area yesterday evening. Been coming down all night and is suppose to rain all day today. There are warnings issued for the burn areas. It should be done by tomarrow, hopefully. Don't want to dampen the Superbowl party!

• 3 weeks later...

I woke up to rain that had been coming down most of the night. Suppose to go to the Big 3 Auto Swap Meet in San Diego today. We are having our car club meeting there, so its not like I can skip it as I have been elected the president of the club. No one else may show up but I will be there. Hopefully there will be a lul in the rain so people can look around. If someone wants to find that odd auto part for they're restoration they will most likely find it there as it is a pretty large swap meet. We will be on the hunt for 41 Plymouth parts for a restoration job my husband is doing for someone. We go every year. One of our members has a booth there and hosts lunch before our meeting. :)

I woke up to rain that had been coming down most of the night. Suppose to go to the Big 3 Auto Swap Meet in San Diego today. We are having our car club meeting there, so its not like I can skip it as I have been elected the president of the club. No one else may show up but I will be there. Hopefully there will be a lul in the rain so people can look around. If someone wants to find that odd auto part for they're restoration they will most likely find it there as it is a pretty large swap meet. We will be on the hunt for 41 Plymouth parts for a restoration job my husband is doing for someone. We go every year. One of our members has a booth there and hosts lunch before our meeting. :)

I used to always go to the big one in Pleasanton, CA. It never got rained out as far as I can remember.

I found a tranny for my old '71 Suburban for 75 bucks and it even had a shift kit in it. :D

• 4 months later...

Last week it was the east sweltering in heat and humidity and CA was enjoying the pleasantness of June gloom infringing into July.

Not anymore. Summer rolled in with a vengence today. Over 100 in most areas in the Inland Empire and the thunderstorms that congrigate in the deserts and mountains rolled over and created some wild weather. Thunder, lighting, torrential rain, flash foods, darkness, fires, and brim stone, mass histeria, dogs and cats living together (oops Ghostbuters flashback) high winds, and another front is expected to roll through in the next few hours. Still hot and now humid.

Last week it was the east sweltering in heat and humidity and CA was enjoying the pleasantness of June gloom infringing into July.

Not anymore. Summer rolled in with a vengence today. Over 100 in most areas in the Inland Empire and the thunderstorms that congrigate in the deserts and mountains rolled over and created some wild weather. Thunder, lighting, torrential rain, flash foods, darkness, fires, and brim stone, mass histeria, dogs and cats living together (oops Ghostbuters flashback) high winds, and another front is expected to roll through in the next few hours. Still hot and now humid.

That's the kind of crap I encountered coming home on Monday. Left Kelowna and it was in the low 90's F then hit heavy snow showers on the Merritt connector Never seen it snow in July before and don't want to again dry.gif

A couple days ago I had to light my woodstove. :blink:

Now it's in the 80's.

It takes forever for summer to get here and then it's too damned short. :(

• 5 months later...

Archived