Led Zeppelin Books

lzzoso

I just ordered Seven (7) books about Led Zeppelin from Amazon.com. Six (6) of them I have never seen or read before. One (1) I owned and have read years ago but re-bought because I do not know what happened to my first copy. Those books are:

1. Led Zeppelin: An Illustrated Biography... by Gareth Thomas

2. Led Zeppelin: Good Times, Bad Times: A Visual Biography... by Jerry Prochnicky and others...

3. Led Zeppelin: Shadows Taller Than Our Souls... by Charled Cross

4. Sonic Boom: The Impact of Led Zeppelin... by Frank Reddon

5. Whole Lotta Love: Our Flight with Led Zeppelin... Ralph Hulett

6. Led Zeppelin and Philosophy...Scott Calef

7. Led Zeppelin: the Press Reports (this is the one I have previously read a few years ago). ... Robert Godwin

My question is: has anyone out there bought or read any of these books? I am sure there are some of you out there that have read at least one or more of these books. After all, these are books about LED ZEPPELIN. I cannot be the only one that wants to read and gather as much information about the "mighty Led Zeppelin" as possible (and believe me I have read and invested many years (25+) and many dollars in my quest for all that is written about Led Zeppelin). With these six (or 7) new books coming my way I shall be engrossed in many weeks of reading about LED ZEPPELIN. THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND OF ALL-TIME!

Can anyone give me any previews or insights into what I can (or cannot) expect with these books? By the way, whether positive or negative, I know I will enjoy all these books because they pertain to my FAVORITE SUBJECT OF ALL-TIME. LED ZEPPELIN

I own a few of these.

#2 has some very good photos - well worth the price

#4 is a series of interviews with fans who experienced early Zeppelin. Frank Reddon seems to be a huge Zep geek and he has unearthed some interesting tidbits. It does tend to drag after a while.

#6 is a collection of essays on philosophy, some use LZ as a vehicle to illustrate some philosophical principals. Other essays focus more on Zeppelin itself. The essay titled, "Magic Pages and Mythic Plants" is very good.

DO give us your reviews as you read!

Hi,

I haven't got any of these, but if you haven't got them the Dave Lewis books are pretty good, quite enjoyed When Giants Walked the Earth as well.

Out of interest what is the Robert Godwin book like, I didn't realise it was still available.

Andy

Hi,

I haven't got any of these, but if you haven't got them the Dave Lewis books are pretty good, quite enjoyed When Giants Walked the Earth as well.

Out of interest what is the Robert Godwin book like, I didn't realise it was still available.

Andy

So far I have received #1 - 2 - 3 - 4 and 6 from my list above. As I mentioned, I used to have and have read the Led Zeppelin "Press Reports" by Robert Godwin a few years ago but lost it or something so I re-ordered it. It should arrive (hopefully) real soon.

Right now I am currently reading both "Sonic Boom" and "Led Zeppelin and Philosophy".

#1 and #2, the Illustrated and Visual Biographies, are obviously just that. #1 is a big soft cover book with 223 pages. #2 is a big hard cover book with 215 pages. I have only glaced at them but they seem to have some great pictures (both color and b/w) with captions. It won't take me as long to read both of these books so I am waiting to really get into them until I have finished reading the first two.

I am really looking forward to (re)reading the "Press Reports".

By the way, I have read Dave Lewis' "the Concert File" about 3 times already (in the past 2 years or so), "A Celebration 2" 2 times (in the past year) and have read "When Giants Walked the Earth 2 times (in the past year or so).

Also, within the past year or so, I have read 2 books on the Eagles, one of them written by Don Felder, 2 different books about the Beatles, 1 book about Pink Floyd and 1 book about the Grateful Dead.

Archived