Robert Plant Philly 5/23/88 officially-released material

PhxHorn

I just busted a torrent at the, ahem, Den of Traders for containing officially-released material. It was the well-known broadcast of Robert in Philly on 5/23/88.

That year, I bought a 3" CD single called 'Ship of Fools', which contains two live tracks: Helen of Troy and Dimples. Both tracks turned out to be from the Philly show, which I'd already taped off the radio. Product number A9281CDB.

It appears there was also a 12" single (with poster) released at the same time (September '88) which contains a live version of Heaven Knows. Anyone know if this is also from the same show? Seems like it would be a good idea to avoid torrenting this material in order to avoid any objections from the powers that be.

2yltzwy.jpg

I just busted a torrent at the, ahem, Den of Traders for containing officially-released material. It was the well-known broadcast of Robert in Philly on 5/23/88.

That year, I bought a 3" CD single called 'Ship of Fools', which contains two live tracks: Helen of Troy and Dimples. Both tracks turned out to be from the Philly show, which I'd already taped off the radio. Product number A9281CDB.

It appears there was also a 12" single (with poster) released at the same time (September '88) which contains a live version of Heaven Knows. Anyone know if this is also from the same show? Seems like it would be a good idea to avoid torrenting this material in order to avoid any objections from the powers that be.

2yltzwy.jpg

There are at least three 12" vinyl singles featuring live cuts and as I recall all are from the Philly radio broadcast:

A9373 UK Es Paranza 'Heaven Knows' Limited Edition Boxed Set with Poster & two photos

PR 2536 USA Es Paranza 'The Way I Feel' b/w 'The Way I Feel' & 'Dimples' (Live) Promotional copy

PR 2426 USA Es Paranza 'Dance On My Own' b/w 'Ship Of Fools' & 'Tall Cool One' (Live) promotional copy

Original radio program on two 12" vinyl LPs:

Superstar Concert Series broadcast the Weekend of July 1-3 1988 (Show 88-13) (w/cue sheet)

Performance Details: Recorded at The Spectrum in Philadelphia on May 23, 1988

Produced by Westwood One

Between 'Helen', 'Heaven', Tall Cool One', and 'Dimples', it looks like there's at least 4 tracks that have been released.

I know what you mean by released, but just to be clear the original radio program distributed by Westwood One to radio stations on two double-sided vinyl LPs is also available amongst collectors. I own the original vinyl copies but I had the content transferred to cdr in the interest of historic preservation.

Archived