Jimmy Page biographer's new book

GeorgeC

Hey fellow and sister Zepsters -

Just to let you know I've got a follow-up title that's just being released, Out of Our Heads: Rock 'n' Roll Before the Drugs Wore Off. It's a history of classic rock's intersection with the drug culture of the 1960s and 70s, and along with Led Zeppelin I've also covered the Beatles, Dylan, Hendrix, the Stones, Black Sabbath, Bob Marley, Neil Young, and all the rock 'n' rollers we know and love.

Many of you here on the Led Zeppelin site have been thoughtful enough offer comments and critiques on my Jimmy Page biography of 2007, Magus, Musician, Man, which was re-released in paperback in 2009. Please feel free to do the same with Out Of Our Heads.

In any frame of mind you prefer, hope you get a chance to check the book out, and enjoy!

post-12775-126644244761_thumb.gif

I've just received my author copies and the official release date is March 1 (US and Canada - UK, Australia and NZ get theirs in April, I believe). Americans and Canadians should find copies in their local B&N or Chapters early in March.

I'll talk to the publisher about getting review copies out, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for any reviews that appear. I'm scheduled to talk about "Out Of Our Heads," rock 'n' roll, and drugs on Allan Handelman's US radio program on Friday, though I'm not sure if the interview will air then.

Thanks for the interest!

post-12775-126650179924_thumb.jpg

I've just received my author copies and the official release date is March 1 (US and Canada - UK, Australia and NZ get theirs in April, I believe). Americans and Canadians should find copies in their local B&N or Chapters early in March.

I'll talk to the publisher about getting review copies out, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for any reviews that appear. I'm scheduled to talk about "Out Of Our Heads," rock 'n' roll, and drugs on Allan Handelman's US radio program on Friday, though I'm not sure if the interview will air then.

Thanks for the interest!

post-12775-126650179924_thumb.jpg

George C, any news on when it will air...has it been put on You Tube?

Thanks, Deborah

George C, any news on when it will air...has it been put on You Tube?

Thanks, Deborah

I believe the syndicated version (national in the US) will air on February 28 - check your local listings. Meanwhile, here's a sample from the program:

Out of Our Heads interview on Talk Radio - cool tunes

I believe the syndicated version (national in the US) will air on February 28 - check your local listings. Meanwhile, here's a sample from the program:

Out of Our Heads interview on Talk Radio - cool tunes

I highly enjoyed pt. 1 of this radio talk show and am about to listen to pt. 2.

Of the 3 parts, how much more was there ? I'm not able to listen to the broadcast today, so I wondered about that.

Thanks.

The comparisons of today vs. days past are spot on. I like the occasional bits with old rockers too. Leslie West in particular.

Contrasting artistic production, promotion, soft drugs and hard drugs adding to a creative atmosphere, quality of presentation (albums vs. mp3's

) and the realization how music just doesn't have the same cultural impact today as with previous generations is affirming.

I wish more of the kids would hear this.

Archived