Ace Frehley talks about Jimmy/Zep in a recent interview.

Wolfman

Ace Frehley: "Jimmy Page is one of my heroes. From recording and performing, Led Zeppelin was it for a long time. A friend of mine recently brought over a bootleg DVD copy of Zep’s reunion show a year or so ago in London, and it was great to see. Robert Plant at the Grammys last year was inspirational to me. Chalk one up for the old guys who still got it! Who knows? Maybe that’ll be me next year accepting for Anomaly!! Ha ha ha. "

Ace Frehley: "Jimmy Page is one of my heroes. From recording and performing, Led Zeppelin was it for a long time. A friend of mine recently brought over a bootleg DVD copy of Zep’s reunion show a year or so ago in London, and it was great to see. Robert Plant at the Grammys last year was inspirational to me. Chalk one up for the old guys who still got it! Who knows? Maybe that’ll be me next year accepting for Anomaly!! Ha ha ha. "

Cool!!! I remember seeing an interview with Gene Simmons saying that the first time he met Paul Stanly (in 1970 I think) they both agreed that the only song writer that was of any importance in the world was John Lennon.

They picked up Peter Criss from an add in Rolling Stone magazine, saying he would do "anything" to get into a band.

Ace Frehley showed up for the audition, as Gene Simmons said, "I thought he was a bum that had walked in off the street, wearing two different shoe's". :D

Funny that this was posted yesterday because I just listened to an old KISS album and thought - why hasn't Ace gotten involved in a group with other outstanding musicians? I know he has had bouts with addiction, etc. But, he is a great guitarist and seems like a good addition to a band. Maybe he is too difficult to work with in general?