Countdown to Jimmy Page's book

hecube

Correct. He signed a page (piece of paper) that was placed inside the book. At least that is what Genesis is telling people.

Genesis isn't ebay. When I asked them to confirm that he had actually signed each individual copy, they seemed rather offended that anyone would even ask that question. They are a high-end publishing house with a reputation to maintain. Nearly all their books are signed by their authors.

I compared the page measurements of the book with my other 'coffee table' books and Jimmy's book is really big. I'm sure Jimmy didn't want to have to pick up every copy, open it to the right page and sign, so much more time consuming. Also I'm sure that method would have delayed even further the shipping of the books.

Genesis isn't ebay. When I asked them to confirm that he had actually signed each individual copy, they seemed rather offended that anyone would even ask that question. They are a high-end publishing house with a reputation to maintain. Nearly all their books are signed by their authors.

I compared the page measurements of the book with my other 'coffee table' books and Jimmy's book is really big. I'm sure Jimmy didn't want to have to pick up every copy, open it to the right page and sign, so much more time consuming. Also I'm sure that method would have delayed even further the shipping of the books.

Book collectors pay a premium for signed copies. Bookplate signings are worth significantly less do to a digital signature and other variants. Genesis said they used the bookplate method for this signing. That's why I asked if anyone questioned them, and am happy that at the very least they are claiming it's not a digital signature.

As far as Genesis and there reputation...When did they say you would have your book again? :rolleyes:

Book collectors pay a premium for signed copies. Bookplate signings are worth significantly less do to a digital signature and other variants. Genesis said they used the bookplate method for this signing. That's why I asked if anyone questioned them, and am happy that at the very least they are claiming it's not a digital signature.

As far as Genesis and there reputation...When did they say you would have your book again? :rolleyes:

.....this is an email I received on June 2'10 -

All copies of the book will be signed by Jimmy Page - the signature is on a book plate that is inserted during the binding process.

Unless someone has requested a specific number which we have been able to accomodate, we have not yet allocated copy numbers. We are still processing orders. As soon as they have all been processed then we will begin the process of allocating copy numbers.

Regards

David

Archived