The Mystical aspects of Zeppelin

McSeven

Why does this band more than other R/R bands have that mystical appeal? Even if they are in more Blues Mode than other bands. When anyone I talk to about what they think of Zeppelin. The conversation takes starts going into talking about Gods/Hero's etc. When I watching The Lord of the rings Trilogy. When one of the characters said that we have to go through the Misty Mountains. The audience laughed. I actually believe that Zep was on the mind.

You're kidding, right? :P

Take the virtual boatload of "mythical" lyrics Plant used in songs like Achilles Last Stand, Battle of Evermore, Ramble On, Misty Mountain Hop, No Quarter, Stairway to Heaven, Immigrant Song....

Then add on the dramatic fantasy-like production by Page on songs like those, and others such as The Song Remains the Same, Four Sticks, Dancing Days, In the Light, In the Evening, Kashmir, etc.

Last, add on the way Page/Plant presented themselves. The cryptic runes on the fourth album cover, the cover art of Houses of the Holy, and how the band routinely looked onstage of course, especially in the Song Remains the Same movie. In the fantasy sequences Plant's a sword carrying prince, and Page is dressed like some weirdo wizard on a mountain top.

Seriously, you were kidding, right?

• 2 years later...

Jimmy did more than dabble but i'd like to think was not a participant in some of Crowley's more radical actions some of which are pretty gross and really just stuck to the basics of the Book of the Law... I think Crowley may have been a passing interest for Plant and Bonham but I don't see it really sticking with them...

Archived