Jahfin

• 2 months later...

From RollingStone.com:

Buffalo Springfield Postpone Reunion Tour Again

'The plan is still to tour next year. There's not a timeline

at this point,' says Richie Furay's manager

By ANDY GREENE

main.jpg

Neil Young, Stephen Stills, and Richie Furay of Buffalo Springfield.

Douglas Mason/Getty Images

In news that should be no surprise to longtime Neil Young fans, Buffalo Springfield have postponed their reunion tour. Again. The band had originally planned on launching a 30-date American tour this fall, and then they bumped their plans back to January/February 2012. They now hope to tour sometime later in 2012. "This delay happened for a multitude of reasons," Richie Furay's manager David Spero tells Rolling Stone. "The plan is still to tour next year. There's not a timeline at this point. Buffalo Springfield is at the top of Neil's list or priorities. It's just a matter of finding a time that works for everybody."

Buffalo Springfield – which features original members Neil Young, Stephen Stills and Richie Furay – played their first concert in 42 years at the 2010 Bridge School Benefit. Last summer, they played six California theater dates and Bonnaroo. When we spoke to Furay in June, he told us that the band planned on playing mainly theaters on their tour. "We want to keep it a little more intimate," he said. "There have been people from Florida, Chicago and Texas saying to me, 'Hey, you gonna come my way?' I have to say that with 30 shows, we're gonna hit those cities."

Young quit Buffalo Springfield two separate times during the band's brief existence in the mid-1960s, so let's hope this new postponement doesn't turn into a cancellation.

• 5 months later...

Not a big surprise, especially considering the recent reformation of Crazy Horse but for those that were looking forward to seeing Buffalo Springfield it has to be a huge disappointment. I had hoped to see them but considering what Neil charges for tickets, I probably would passed.

The Buffalo Springfield Reunion Appears To Be Over

• 3 months later...

Archived