Robert Plant Post Concert Behavior

RileyM0730

Hello!

I'm going to see Robert Plant for the third time come January 25th at the House of Blues in Boston. I would LOVE to be able to meet Robert, as I'm sure everyone here would. The point of this post is to know if anyone knows how he is post show? Does he let people backstage after the show? Is he willing to sign autographs/take picture before getting into the tour bus? The House of Blues is a VERY small venue with only ONE entrance/exit for the artist. My friend went there and got to meet Snoop Dogg after his show and she gave me the scoop. Does anybody have ANY experience with Robert Plant meet and greets, etc. I would love to hear stories, suggestions, tips, ANYTHING!

I have General Admission tickets for the show so I plan to be right up front :) Think he'd sign or take something from me?

hehehe Thanks :)

The time before last that he came to Phoeniix (the Raising Sand tour) we tried, he came out with a bag over his head to avoid being seen. My friend was alert and ran over to him, but his tour manager (or whoever) pushed him into the tour bus. My friend was only able to see him take off the bag and had a moments' worth of eye contact with him, she asked him to sign her bag, she said Robert looked at her just for a moment smiling (like he wanted to meet her and maybe sign something), but his tour manager pushed him in the tour bus like I said. I don't know if it will be like that in Boston for you or not, but the best of luck to you!

From what I've seen aside from pre-arranged meet and greet receptions he does not concern himself with making time for the fans at the venues. He is usually whisked in and whisked away. However, he is still receptive to signing and having his photo taken with fans in hotel lobbies and airport terminals while on tour.

From what I've seen aside from pre-arranged meet and greet receptions

SAJ,

Would you please go into some more detail, from your knowledge, of how one goes about getting into these pre-arranged meet and greet receptions. Is it more common in the US than the UK? I am assuming that a considerable amount of money changes hands. Thanks:)

SAJ,

Would you please go into some more detail, from your knowledge, of how one goes about getting into these pre-arranged meet and greet receptions. Is it more common in the US than the UK? I am assuming that a considerable amount of money changes hands. Thanks:)

I'm referring to meet and greet receptions offered to fans as part of a "VIP" ticket purchase. These do seem to be much more common in the United States than in the UK. Here's a clip from one in Detroit (2008), I think these folks were radio station contest winners:

I'm referring to meet and greet receptions offered to fans as part of a "VIP" ticket purchase. These do seem to be much more common in the United States than in the UK. Here's a clip from one in Detroit (2008), I think these folks were radio station contest winners:

Thanks Steve. I looked up Ticketmaster's UK site and they have these VIP packages for a small number of artists, which leads me to agree with you that it's a more common feature of US concerts.:) I think I'd find it embarrassing!

Thanks Steve. I looked up Ticketmaster's UK site and they have these VIP packages for a small number of artists, which leads me to agree with you that it's a more common feature of US concerts.:) I think I'd find it embarrassing!

More embarrassing than someone coming on this site asking how to meet Robert Plant after a show? At least it's less stalker-ish than waiting around the backstage door hoping for Plant to emerge.

More embarrassing than someone coming on this site asking how to meet Robert Plant after a show? At least it's less stalker-ish than waiting around the backstage door hoping for Plant to emerge.

Jahfin,

If depends on the individual involved. I can only speak for myself, and I would know in my mind what I would want to say at a 'meet and greet', and then bottle it when the moment came. I have had a look at the price of some of these 'meet and greets' and I can think of better ways of spending my money. You do have a good point though about it being less stalkerish - at least it's upfront. I always find it worrying if you get someone who travels from gig to gig and hangs around at the stagedoor each time.:drinks:

Jahfin,

If depends on the individual involved. I can only speak for myself, and I would know in my mind what I would want to say at a 'meet and greet', and then bottle it when the moment came. I have had a look at the price of some of these 'meet and greets' and I can think of better ways of spending my money. You do have a good point though about it being less stalkerish - at least it's upfront. I always find it worrying if you get someone who travels from gig to gig and hangs around at the stagedoor each time.:drinks:

At smaller shows, the performer usually makes it a point to state that they'll be available after the show for photo ops, autographs, etc. I see nothing at all the matter with that, it speaks greatly of the performer and the relationship they have with their fans.

I've seen Robert close to 30 times, and have never heard of him doing a VIP reception before or after the show, so I think it's rare for him. I've also met him more than a dozen times, but it was never outside his tour bus and rarely outside the venue - mostly backstage or at his hotel, etc...

I've seen Robert close to 30 times, and have never heard of him doing a VIP reception before or after the show, so I think it's rare for him. I've also met him more than a dozen times, but it was never outside his tour bus and rarely outside the venue - mostly backstage or at his hotel, etc...

How did you know what Hotel he was staying at? Does he usually crash at one each night? How did you get backstage access?

hahaha sorry for the bombardment of questions :) I'm just a young eager fan

Archived