Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame to honor female artists

Levee

Posted: 02/03/2011CLEVELAND (AP) - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum says it will open the world's first exhibit devoted to rock's most influential female artists.

The show opening May 13 at the museum in Cleveland will feature women ranging from Billie Holiday and Aretha Franklin to Melissa Etheridge and Lady Gaga.

"Women Who Rock: Vision, Passion, Power" will spotlight more than 50 female artists and fill two floors of the hall with artifacts and video telling the story of how women have shaped the history of popular music. Throughout the year, the museum will offer educational programming on the role women have played in rock and roll.

A benefit concert is planned for May 14. Performers will include Cyndi Lauper and Wanda Jackson.

Edited by Levee

If they really wanted to honor female rockers and their role in integrating the music, they should have inducted Heart many years ago. Ann and Nancy Wilson are great examples of leading a good hard rock band, in a male led genre. Especially Nancy. It was rare to see a female non-vocalist in a band that wasn't an all girl group.

True pioneers who should be honored as so.

Posted: 02/03/2011CLEVELAND (AP) - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum says it will open the world's first exhibit devoted to rock's most influential female artists.

The show opening May 13 at the museum in Cleveland will feature women ranging from Billie Holiday and Aretha Franklin to Melissa Etheridge and Lady Gaga.

"Women Who Rock: Vision, Passion, Power" will spotlight more than 50 female artists and fill two floors of the hall with artifacts and video telling the story of how women have shaped the history of popular music. Throughout the year, the museum will offer educational programming on the role women have played in rock and roll.

A benefit concert is planned for May 14. Performers will include Cyndi Lauper and Wanda Jackson.

I got an e-mail today from the Rock Hall today about this show.

I thought that it looked interesting.

Is anyone planning on attending?

I haven't decided yet.

Women Who Rock

I only hope it won't become another RìN'R HALL OF SHAME like the original has become over the years :):):)

This thread is in reference to the current Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. With a few exceptions I think they've done a pretty good job so far. Even if you came up with your own list of artists you felt worthy of induction someone else isn't going to agree with it. You're never going to please everyone, nor will the current Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. They've gotten far more things right than wrong, at least in my opinion.

This thread is in reference to the current Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. With a few exceptions I think they've done a pretty good job so far. Even if you came up with your own list of artists you felt worthy of induction someone else isn't going to agree with it. You're never going to please everyone, nor will the current Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. They've gotten far more things right than wrong, at least in my opinion.

THAT is the prob with "musical Halls":):)