Why is Led Zeppelin Special to you

McSeven

Why do you think that Zep is special to you. For myself. They are special because all the players bring there unique brand to the band. Some bands the bass is monotonous or the drums are standard. In Zep each one is a character that plays off of each other.

I like the way the albums were produced. The song structure. The twisty riffs and atmosphere. For example. When I hear in In my time of Dying. I feel like I am in a mine shaft going through a mountain trying to get to heaven. I go slowly and then speed up and then slow down. MMHop. I feel like I am a Concert in the Park. Like Central Park in NYC or Golden Gate Park. I have spent time in both. I love Roberts improvised lyrics live. I love that Bonzo somehow kept his sound live. I actually think he is the best player. I also liked that Jonesy always made his bass lines sing and never just fell into the thud thud, like AcDc. I love how Jimmy was a master at his Electric guitar and how his Acoustic sounds delecate.

Variety was the key to Zep as well. Also their personality was really into the way they played there instruments. Robert's voice to me has a warm joyful exuberance that can get sexual or groove orientated. Put it this way. He never sounds evil. Bonzo has this very tribal way he plays as well. I actually feel like Bonzo is like the God of Thunder. Thor. He likes being in that heavy action packed groove. JPJ to me has a playfulness about his playing. He always tries to make sure that his baselines don't just follow the guitar riffs exactly. Jimmy to me is a Wizard with his guitar. Its like he always can make it sound different. Like Hendrix and Vanhalen. Although Hendrix sounds like a Voodoo Priest and Vanhalen like a Rocketship. Thats just my imagery. I like that they don't swear in the lyrics. or come across as crass and rude.

When I hear them speak. Jimmy has a very delicate voice so I see his Acoustic work as being his true essence. Yet underneath that. He is a man of Action. JPJ to me has a funky joy about him. When I hear him talk. There seems to be a playfullness about whatsoever is on his mind. Bonzo. In interviews to me always seems like he is ready for action. If he was not a drummer. I could see him being in the military/Hunter of some sorts. Robert as I said before. Sounds joyous.

To me no other rock band has come close to how I feel about them. The only other musical entity that comes close is James Brown.

How many times are you gonna ask this question in different ways? Time to venture out of the kiddie pool and into the real world of music McSeven. You're the Dorian Gray of the noob section, all 269 posts asking the same proverbial question. Why is LZ the bestest band evah? Why do you wake up soaked in LZ sweat? How come your cornflakes are magically spelling out the lyrics to STH?

If you really want to know I left my obsession for any and all bands back in jr high and I didn't marry my first girlfriend either despite being sure I would at the time. Led Zeppelin is the starting point not the end. The sooner you figure that out the more you'll learn and the better life will be. Being the uber obsessed fan doesn't make you a better fan nor does the music sound better. Life is about growing and if your posts are any indication you're a car stuck in the LZ drive-thru forever ordering the same thing. No wait you're stuck in reverse... I hope this helps, seriously.

How many times are you gonna ask this question in different ways? Time to venture out of the kiddie pool and into the real world of music McSeven. You're the Dorian Gray of the noob section, all 269 posts asking the same proverbial question. Why is LZ the bestest band evah? Why do you wake up soaked in LZ sweat? How come your cornflakes are magically spelling out the lyrics to STH?

If you really want to know I left my obsession for any and all bands back in jr high and I didn't marry my first girlfriend either despite being sure I would at the time. Led Zeppelin is the starting point not the end. The sooner you figure that out the more you'll learn and the better life will be. Being the uber obsessed fan doesn't make you a better fan nor does the music sound better. Life is about growing and if your posts are any indication you're a car stuck in the LZ drive-thru forever ordering the same thing. No wait you're stuck in reverse... I hope this helps, seriously.

Whats the problen Danelectro. I am just asking a question. Why are you so bothered by it. I don't feel that I am asking the same question over and over again. You have the choice to ignor it. What about the people that write when are Zep getting back together again/favorite songs.. If you don't connect to the question then don't respond. I just don't get why it bothers you.

This is a fan site to talk about our favorite band. If you go on other sites of other bands. You are going to get people saying the same thing about Iron Maiden/Judas Priest/The Doors. Everyone here loves LZ. If you are fan then you love them too. I really connect with this band and I am interested in hearing other people's view. There is no reason for you to get upset. Just ignor my posts. Its not like I am sending you Spam or talking to you directly.

Mc7

Why do you think that Zep is special to you. For myself. They are special because all the players bring there unique brand to the band. Some bands the bass is monotonous or the drums are standard. In Zep each one is a character that plays off of each other.

I like the way the albums were produced. The song structure. The twisty riffs and atmosphere. For example. When I hear in In my time of Dying. I feel like I am in a mine shaft going through a mountain trying to get to heaven. I go slowly and then speed up and then slow down. MMHop. I feel like I am a Concert in the Park. Like Central Park in NYC or Golden Gate Park. I have spent time in both. I love Roberts improvised lyrics live. I love that Bonzo somehow kept his sound live. I actually think he is the best player. I also liked that Jonesy always made his bass lines sing and never just fell into the thud thud, like AcDc. I love how Jimmy was a master at his Electric guitar and how his Acoustic sounds delecate.

Variety was the key to Zep as well. Also their personality was really into the way they played there instruments. Robert's voice to me has a warm joyful exuberance that can get sexual or groove orientated. Put it this way. He never sounds evil. Bonzo has this very tribal way he plays as well. I actually feel like Bonzo is like the God of Thunder. Thor. He likes being in that heavy action packed groove. JPJ to me has a playfulness about his playing. He always tries to make sure that his baselines don't just follow the guitar riffs exactly. Jimmy to me is a Wizard with his guitar. Its like he always can make it sound different. Like Hendrix and Vanhalen. Although Hendrix sounds like a Voodoo Priest and Vanhalen like a Rocketship. Thats just my imagery. I like that they don't swear in the lyrics. or come across as crass and rude.

When I hear them speak. Jimmy has a very delicate voice so I see his Acoustic work as being his true essence. Yet underneath that. He is a man of Action. JPJ to me has a funky joy about him. When I hear him talk. There seems to be a playfullness about whatsoever is on his mind. Bonzo. In interviews to me always seems like he is ready for action. If he was not a drummer. I could see him being in the military/Hunter of some sorts. Robert as I said before. Sounds joyous.

To me no other rock band has come close to how I feel about them. The only other musical entity that comes close is James Brown.

You named alot of things I could also mention.It is realley the combination of them.The solo projects where not bad but not as hot as the old Zeppelin music.

So it was the right decision not to continue with a new drummer.Growing up with their music I was in deep meditations when hearing the violin bow sound...

With their light energy and the constant search for new musicall dimensions LZ had powered my own intrest for new idears too .

• 1 year later...

Variety between albums is one reason for me. The songs are just transcendental. Every instrument, including Robert's voice just seem to be a perfect mixture. Listening to Zeppelin is almost more of an experience than just simple music.

Archived