Jimmy Page with Bon Jovi

Black-Dog

I wouldn't call a 2-minute version of Thank You on a video awards show as " working" with Fred Durst. A guest spot with a band is just that. Be it Aerosmith, Bon Jovi or whomever. Don't over inflate it.

Since the end of Zeppelin Page has worked with Paul Rodgers, Roy Harper, David Coverdale, Chris Robinson and Robert Plant. That's not too shabby a stable of singers. I don't believe Page missed out at all by not playing with the likes of Billy Corgan. I did a few dates on the same bill with The Smashing Pumpkins in 1988 and Corgan was a miserable and sullen mope. Now Jeff Buckley and Jimmy Page together could've been something else.

I wouldn't call a 2-minute version of Thank You on a video awards show as " working" with Fred Durst. A guest spot with a band is just that. Be it Aerosmith, Bon Jovi or whomever. Don't over inflate it.

I didn't "over inflate" it. Whether it was two minutes in a guest slot or two hours in a studio, it still showed Page's open mindedness towards working with other artists. That was my point, not how long he worked with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the end of Zeppelin Page has worked with Paul Rodgers, Roy Harper, David Coverdale, Chris Robinson and Robert Plant. That's not too shabby a stable of singers. I don't believe Page missed out at all by not playing with the likes of Billy Corgan. I did a few dates on the same bill with The Smashing Pumpkins in 1988 and Corgan was a miserable and sullen mope. Now Jeff Buckley and Jimmy Page together could've been something else.

This is a truth-filled, respectful post.

Archived