Furthur Covers Zep

Jahfin

Phil and Bob have covered a few Zep tunes over the years currently and as their band The Dead too. I know of at least two others being, "Over The Hills And Far Away" and "Kashmir". Probably others too. Just do the YouTube search for this. The Grateful Dead never performed any Zep as far as I know, but I could be wrong. Perhaps, Jerry Garcia wasn't into Zeppelin.

Years ago, one some Westwood One Radio special about desert island discs, Weir mentioned "Kashmir" as one of his selections. I have no idea what Garcia thought of Zeppelin but I believe he and Page had a connection via the pedal steel guitar. I can't remember the specifics now but it may have been mentioned in the Bill Graham bio Bill Graham Presents.

I guess maybe both the Grateful Dead and Led Zeppelin covered Nobody's Fault But Mine. Before it all branched out into Further, I saw Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir in the Grateful Dead before I attended Led Zeppelin in concert, so then as now Jerry Garcia would not be making any remarks about Led Zeppelin. Those were pretty good shows.

Archived