End Of The World Prophecy-May 21, 2011

SuperDave

Not to get too off-topic, but when I hear/read/see people bitching about Obama's health care plan it makes me laugh, because back in the 1990s, the same thing existed, only it was called "Dolecare." As in Bob Dole. As in a Republican-backed plan. And while Mitt Romney's state-level health care plan didn't work in Massachusetts, it's still very similar to Obama's plan, and he's a Republican as well.

No Mitt fan,it was changed by the Democratic House/Senate.

And what is NBC,CBS,ABC,CNN,MSNBC?

No news source is completely unbiased. I mainly listen to the BBC but it's not unbiased either. I also take in other news sources via print and the airwaves and form my own opinions from those. Whereas my right wing friends get all of their "news" from Fox and Rush Limbaugh, hardly credible sources for anything, much less actual news.

No news source is completely unbiased. I mainly listen to the BBC but it's not unbiased either. I also take in other news sources via print and the airwaves and form my own opinions from those. Whereas my right wing friends get all of their "news" from Fox and Rush Limbaugh, hardly credible sources for anything, much less actual news.

As I pointed out before, opinion talking heads is not the news.It is their opinion.No like?No listen/read.

As I pointed out before, opinion talking heads is not the news.It is their opinion.No like?No listen/read.

At one point it did seem like the news though, at least as someone who grew up watching network newscasts in the 70s and 80s. Then, there were the individual news programs on the weekends such as 60 Minutes, Meet the Press, etc. Now, it's hard to tell the difference between a network newscast and tabloid news. Hard news, biased or not, has all but disappeared from the airwaves.

At one point it did seem like the news though, at least as someone who grew up watching network newscasts in the 70s and 80s. Then, there were the individual news programs on the weekends such as 60 Minutes, Meet the Press, etc. Now, it's hard to tell the difference between a network newscast and tabloid news. Hard news, biased or not, has all but disappeared from the airwaves.

I agree,the lines have blurred and that is not good.

Back to the topic at hand, does anyone else remember this movie (and book) from the 1970s? I remember going to see it at the theatre, probably around the same time that Chariots of the Gods was also very popular.

Actually I do. If I remember correctly it was a a biblical based story set to a secular theme, quite controversial too.

It did predict a European Union though, didn't it? Sorry but back then I used to "imbib" quite a bit lol.

I figured, it's end of the world, what the hell, I'm gonna be a serial killer.... for laughs mind......what have i got to lose.....

I think i made the wrong decision. Well that's the last time I listen to those voices in my head.....

Archived