End Of The World Prophecy-May 21, 2011

SuperDave

Kind of surprised no one has started a thread on this.

Harold Camping president and talk show host on the Family Radio Christian Network has predicted the world will begin it's demise (he's calling it, The Rapture) on May 21st at 6pm locally by each time zone. This according to Camping, will be our day of judgment. And the end of the world as we know it (Thank you R.E.M), will happen five months later on October 21st. He and his followers have said some 200 million people (about 3% of the world's population) will be part of the rapture and be saved and transported to heaven. He previously predicted that this would also happen back in September, 1994.

The first area to be affected ( if you believe this) will be Christmas Island in the Pacific, as it is the earliest time zone. It will be earthquakes all around the world and go from timezone to timezone as I said. The last area to feel the affects will be Samoa in the Pacific.

Camping has said he has come to these conclusions with mathematical prophecies he has come up with, through his readings of The Bible over many years. He is a Civil Engineer by training.

So what do you think of Camping, his prediction of this occurring , and what he has based his reasoning and information for these events to happen? I personally think he's lost his mind and is just a crackpot looking for publicity.

Here's one of the many places you can find this "Doomsday" info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_end_times_prediction

I like this from the above link:

Official responses

The New York Police Department (NYPD) stated: "We don't plan any additional coverage for the end of the world. Indeed, if it happens, fewer officers will be required for streets that presumably will be empty."

There is no Rapture, there is no End of Days, there is no Armageddon, there will be no Horsemen of the Apocalypse galloping down the street, and when we die....we die. People like this are scary because they have the ability to not only influence impressionable and frankly, stupid people....but they have the ability to take their money, too.

If I was a less scrupulous individual, I'd start a business offering to take care of pets and plants of people who are "raptured"....for a nominal fee. With all the holy rollers that live around here, I could retire before I'm 35.

There have been too many people like this in the past who collect followers for a belief like this or something else and just take their money as you said Electrophile or something more extreme like Jim Jones in Guyana and grape juice.

Actually, the fact no one did gives me hope. It means nobody here took that malarkey seriously.

Which is a good thing. I just can't believe the amount of coverage something like this has gotten in the news over the last few days. Has there been a lack of reportable news?

Which is a good thing. I just can't believe the amount of coverage something like this has gotten in the news over the last few days. Has there been a lack of reportable news?

I thought the same thing about the media coverage. Really?

I will discuss politics before I discuss religion, because people who believe in a religion, in my experience, are much less pliable. You cannot reason with most. I know everything I need to know about this Harold Camp'town races sing this song' character.

Oy vey.

Well it's the 21st and I'll let you know in about 6 hours or so if it happens, of course if I'm here and can still post!?

No-one knows when it WILL happen, not Harold Camping, the Mayans or anyone else for that matter.

Electro, you don't know for certain one way or the other, you just "believe" those events won't happen, I and many others do.

That's the choice we have, to believe or not to believe.

Am I worried or care? No, because there's no point in getting all worked up about it or following some fuckwit cult and doing the stupid things people have done in the past, or will do at present or in future.

BTW, There are 2 Christmas Islands, one in Kiribati in the Pacific Ocean and the other in the Indian Ocean off Australia.

Cue Black Sabbath's Into The Void followed by Blondie's Rapture, now that double shot is truly Apocalyptic!

Well, that preacher who made this pretty bold (and in my book pretty absurd) (no disrespect meant to the folks who believe this stuff B)) prediction, apparently said that there will be a series of earthquakes which will first strike New Zealand and then spread to the rest of the world :slapface: Well folks, I haven't felt a damn thing so far! I'm still alive, thanks! :P

Well, that preacher who made this pretty bold (and in my book pretty absurd) (no disrespect meant to the folks who believe this stuff B)) prediction, apparently said that there will be a series of earthquakes which will first strike New Zealand and then spread to the rest of the world :slapface: Well folks, I haven't felt a damn thing so far! I'm still alive, thanks! :P

Hi Kiwi,

Maybe it has already started?

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Kiwi,

Maybe it has already started?

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Danny :wave:

Nope. I am still safe and it's a bright and sunny Saturday afternoon as I sit in the comfort of my room, typing this out! ;)

Cheers :beer:

Kiwi

P.S

Hell, even the people of Christchurch haven't felt anything, yet! :wacko: And those poor folks have been experiencing quakes and aftershocks on and off for the last 2 to 3 months at least! :o

Hi Danny :wave:

Nope. I am still safe and it's a bright and sunny Saturday afternoon as I sit in the comfort of my room, typing this out! ;)

Cheers :beer:

Kiwi

P.S

Hell, even the people of Christchurch haven't felt anything, yet! :wacko: And those poor folks have been experiencing quakes and aftershocks on and off for the last 2 to 3 months at least! :o

Thats what I mean Kiwi, New Zealand then Japan, its started already, why I thought we had had an earthquake but it was only Windy Kate letting one slip out. :o

Kind Regards, Danny :beer:

BTW, There are 2 Christmas Islands, one in Kiribati in the Pacific Ocean and the other in the Indian Ocean off Australia.

Did not know that. He was referring to the one in Kiribati.

INSTALLING RAPTURE.

███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.

Install delayed....please wait.

Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Rapture not found.

EVENT "Rapture" cannot be located. The rapture you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I do not know if this counts or may be the start of all this nonsense but a volcano did erupt earlier today in Iceland (again). Now if a major earthquake happens anywhere in the world in the next few hours, I would have to say that that is one hell of a coincidence. Not the end-of-the-world but very tripped out and freaky.

Anyway these end of the woyld type things happen all the time. & anyone who can have a go.

Swami Cecil might show up.Sadly cash only due to the world ending and the fact I might have to scarper too

And find a place to pray (no extradition treaty .)

Archived