New iPhone APP Live Dreams

Anybody remember the huge coffee-table book with the silver sculpture on it? LIVE DREAMS. Sold for big $$.

It's jus been released as an iPhone App. Unlike the other App, 'Day in History', this has hundreds of photo and stories. Very cool animation. Check it out at iTunes (Apple).

Led Zeppelin Live Dreams..

I have this book. Didn't realize it was fetching big money.

When it came out. It was $135 in the US, and Warner Publishing sold it for $350 in the US, The Japanese edition sold out at about $250. The second edition (cheaper materials etc, but still with a slipcase and silver sculpture), retailed for $90, but sometimes was discounted, like the record clubs for $60 or so.

$4 seems like a pretty good deal.

I bought the app. I find it strange that it was released as an iPhone app, not as a native iPad app. A photo book of this type seems like an ideal candidate for the iPad, where the larger screen size would give more impact to the shots. As it is, most of the images scale decently on the iPad, and the app is certainly worth the $3.99 being asked for it. It also includes previously unreleased images, so it may be worth picking up even if you already have the original book sitting on your shelf.

http://appmodo.com/51985/led-zeppelin-app-makes-live-dreams-a-reality/

On the iTunes page it says that it's not optimized for iPad. But, but I know that an iPad version is in the works, and will obviously be even better, with such large screen. But for the little iPhone screen, especially the iPhone 4.. It's pretty amazing. How many Zep Apps are out there? Duh....

I bought the app. I find it strange that it was released as an iPhone app, not as a native iPad app. A photo book of this type seems like an ideal candidate for the iPad, where the larger screen size would give more impact to the shots. As it is, most of the images scale decently on the iPad, and the app is certainly worth the $3.99 being asked for it. It also includes previously unreleased images, so it may be worth picking up even if you already have the original book sitting on your shelf.

http://appmodo.com/5...eams-a-reality/

Archived