San Diego '73

chef free

I was listening to a You Tube version of San Diego '73 (posted by Conneyfogle, Eye thank ewe!) in the "What show or live song are you listening to now?" thread (posted by Silver Rider, more thanks) and I noticed the band does a little 30 sec. jam of the Grateful Dead's Saint Stephen at about 39:00. I know they played it at the Detroit '73 show in Whole Lotta Love. Does anyone know any other references to it (or any other Dead tunes) on Zep bootlegs!

If you like it I would check out St. Stephen Jam from Gov't Mule.

The Mule is my FAVORITE (currently active) band. Once I tried to make a list of songs they've covered but it was just impossible! WAY too many! (They do a different set for every show!)

Last New Year's Eve Mule had their fans vote for the set list including a third set of never-before-played covers which opened with ALS! Brilliant! (Nice cover of Trower's Bridge of Sighs in there too.)

Thanks for pointing out this Grateful Dead reference. I'll definitely go back and check out the show. I get the impression Plant in particular is a Grateful Dead fan.

I like the way in the remastered liner notes for TSRTS Cameron Crowe says "Twenty-three minutes of 'Dazed and Confused?' Nobody but the Grateful Dead were doing something like that!

I think there were other bands also enjoyed the improvisation but I'm glad to see the Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead mentioned together with regard to the improvisation.

BTW has anyone heard government Mule's live Halloween concert Haunted Houses of the Holy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Haunted_House

Thanks for pointing out this Grateful Dead reference. I'll definitely go back and check out the show. I get the impression Plant in particular is a Grateful Dead fan.

I like the way in the remastered liner notes for TSRTS Cameron Crowe says "Twenty-three minutes of 'Dazed and Confused?' Nobody but the Grateful Dead were doing something like that!

I think there were other bands also enjoyed the improvisation but I'm glad to see the Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead mentioned together with regard to the improvisation.

BTW has anyone heard government Mule's live Halloween concert Haunted Houses of the Holy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Haunted_House

Yeah, I got that one before it was an official release!

Cool, how does it sound? Is it available to listen to on the Internet for free?

I think They are a great band to carry the zeppelin influence forward. In my opinion Much more so than any of the 80s bands.

So, which zeppelin bandmember's idea do you think it was to include part of St. Stephen.

I think They are a great band to carry the zeppelin influence forward. In my opinion Much more so than any of the 80s bands.

So, which zeppelin bandmember's idea do you think it was to include part of St. Stephen.

It sounds just right, Warren does not try to copy Jimmy but manages to play something that sounds like something Page would do, tricky balance. I've heard the official release which is mixed from the board so it is much nicer than the audience version I have.

Yeah Mule became my favorite active band rather quickly after I discovered them in late 2008. They are the only band that can fill my Zeppelin needs and also beyond that in many ways. I was slightly dissappointed with the Holy Haunted House performance particularly Over the Hills. But Bonnaroo 2007 show with John Paul Jones includes insanely good versions of SIBLY and No Quarter. Warren manages to pay respect to Pages style and licks in his playing but totally makes it his own (which is very intense btw).

Yeah Mule became my favorite active band rather quickly after I discovered them in late 2008. They are the only band that can fill my Zeppelin needs and also beyond that in many ways. I was slightly dissappointed with the Holy Haunted House performance particularly Over the Hills. But Bonnaroo 2007 show with John Paul Jones includes insanely good versions of SIBLY and No Quarter. Warren manages to pay respect to Pages style and licks in his playing but totally makes it his own (which is very intense btw).

Yeah it's true! The first time I heard Warren SING Since I've Been Lovin' You I was hooked! He totally nailed it!

Archived