Rare Coverdale/Page Rehearsal Video

Every time I listen to the rehearsals, concerts, writing sessions and demos from this period it strikes me just how well these two play together. On the album, the big production is almost distracting...David and Jimmy always seem to sound best together unadorned. Take away all the bells and whistles, and you've got some really honest music there.

If they should ever play together again, I pray it will be an acoustic "unplugged" type of deal. Would be wonderful to hear!

Every time I listen to the rehearsals, concerts, writing sessions and demos from this period it strikes me just how well these two play together. On the album, the big production is almost distracting...David and Jimmy always seem to sound best together unadorned. Take away all the bells and whistles, and you've got some really honest music there.

If they should ever play together again, I pray it will be an acoustic "unplugged" type of deal. Would be wonderful to hear!

I agree re. the bells and whistles. The star of that album seems to be the production and the studio (you can hear little mountain in there, overpowering everything) more that anything else.

Archived