june 3rd 1977 Tampa Fl show question

tnuk

• 1 year later...

I don't think so, never heard about it. They just baled on the concert from the rain. I don't remember it raining when they left. It sure was lightening and when it started raining, it poured. It was a 3 song concert I will never forget. Even being as high as I was.

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know if Robert Plant got an electric shock when the rain storm started?

No. Peter Grant stopped the show to prevent the possibility of electrocution.

Previously, Peter Grant was the manager for Stone the Crows when their guitarist, Les Harvey, died onstage in front of 1,000 fans on May 3, 1972 after he was electrocuted by an improperly grounded mic while tuning up for a show in Swansea, Wales.

• 2 years later...

No...he simply said (paraphrase) 'some of the electrical equipment got wet...we'll be back in 15 minutes'. The rain was monumental, and the heat during the day was epic. Nobody had shirts on, blankets were laid out everywhere, and people were making big 'human pyramids' which I'd feel the ground shake when they inevitably fell. I remember the fence below the stage was really high...if you'd been in the 1st five rows you couldn't see the band over it. I remember everybody with bottles would wait until the idiot who kept asking us to leave would come on stage & then count 1-2-3 & they'd barrage him with the bottles. At one point, before that high fence was tore down, all I could see was arms with Billy-clubs beating everyone back. When the stage got overrun, we booked. There was a line of cop/ambulance/fire with their lights on a mile long all coming to the stadium. The pre-concert hours was the greatest I've ever experienced...the 3 songs were memorizing...the rain & Zepplin booking were both monumentally disasterous. A lot of people "claim" they were there, but reading  their recollections I know they're b.s.. Note: There was also a riot at the Orange Bowl on the day tickets went on sale...a bad riot. That's how we got our tickets...they distributed the tickets to south Florida Record Stores to sell in lieu of the Orange Bowl and we waited for a local one in Lauderdale to open and got 4. Drove from Boca Raton to Tampa early June 3, 77.

Archived