Robert on guitar according to George Case (LZ FAQ)

Yesterday in Led Zeppelin FAQ I read that Robert occasionaly played guitar on some tracks.

I know there are a lot of pictures with Robert holding Jimmy's guitars, during a soundcheck for example.

But this is the first time i've read that he actually played on the studio albums.

Can anyone confirm this? And tell me, on which songs he played along?

Thanks in advance

Robert has been credited with playing guitar on versions of "Down By The Seaside", "Battle Of Evermore", "Boogie With Stu" and "Black Country Woman", but it has never been confirmed if he actually played on the RELEASED versions of those songs.

Robert can also be heard "jamming" with Jimmy on the Bron-yr-aur cottage rehearsal tapes, in 1970.

Thanks for reading, GerwinBakker. Here's what I wrote (page 67): "Learning the instrument in the early 1970s, [Plant] is believed to have borrowed the others' guitars to strum simple backings for "Boogie With Stu," "Night Flight," and "Down By the Seaside." (Emphasis added.)

I think that leaves the issue a bit open-ended - he probably played guitar while the tracks were being rehearsed and put on tape, but it's hard to say if any of his work is audible in the final mixes.

PS I visited Amsterdam on a European trip (backpack, guitar, hostels, Eurail) many years ago...Liked it so much I went back. Lovely city, wonderful coffee shops...

Thanks for reading, GerwinBakker. Here's what I wrote (page 67): "Learning the instrument in the early 1970s, [Plant] is believed to have borrowed the others' guitars to strum simple backings for "Boogie With Stu," "Night Flight," and "Down By the Seaside." (Emphasis added.)

I think that leaves the issue a bit open-ended - he probably played guitar while the tracks were being rehearsed and put on tape, but it's hard to say if any of his work is audible in the final mixes.

PS I visited Amsterdam on a European trip (backpack, guitar, hostels, Eurail) many years ago...Liked it so much I went back. Lovely city, wonderful coffee shops...

Wow you are actually on this forum haha., great!

Thanks for your reply! I'm not on page 67 yet, so I guess I was a bit to quick posting this here.

Anyway, I like your book a lot, it's not like al the other books I have read about the boys. Fantastic!

Nice to hear you've had a great time in Amsterdam, it is a nice city, lots of fun for young guys hahah.

Archived