Gibson Jimmy Page Interview - Studio Secrets Revealed

The Rover

From the Gibson website:

Jimmy Page Behind the Desk: Led Zeppelin Studio Secrets Revealed

Ted Drozdowski|

http://www.gibson.co...zard-0107-2012/

Thank you, Rover! Very interesting article.

Jimmy during his glory years is still the best I have ever seen live....there are just not enough superlatives to describe his playing, his innovations, his musicianship - at the time, before I understood how these things all worked, it seemed like magic to me (something like the magic I felt when a plane took flight before I understood aeronautics).

Thank you, Rover! Very interesting article.

Jimmy during his glory years is still the best I have ever seen live....there are just not enough superlatives to describe his playing, his innovations, his musicianship - at the time, before I understood how these things all worked, it seemed like magic to me (something like the magic I felt when a plane took flight before I understood aeronautics).

I know what you mean MSG, The first time I ever listened to a Zep album, I did so with headphones on, and the song was WLL.

I had NEVER heard anything like that before !

I love the way that Bono's drums were miked.

It was only after, some number of years after Sept. of 1980, that I came to appreciate the incredible contibution that John made to the band. I don't think anyone loved LZ more than he did. He put 100% of his Heart & Soul into the band.

I relish the few drum outake bootlegs that I have listened to. Jimmy always knew how great John was, it just took me longer to see it.

Those were some heady days in the 70's. :)

I know what you mean MSG, The first time I ever listened to a Zep album, I did so with headphones on, and the song was WLL.

I had NEVER heard anything like that before !

I love the way that Bono's drums were miked.

It was only after, some number of years after Sept. of 1980, that I came to appreciate the incredible contibution that John made to the band. I don't think anyone loved LZ more than he did. He put 100% of his Heart & Soul into the band.

I relish the few drum outake bootlegs that I have listened to. Jimmy always knew how great John was, it just took me longer to see it.

Those were some heady days in the 70's. :)

That's the best way to listen to LZ for the first time - on vinyl and with headphones (or seated in a egg-shaped stereo chair). I had never heard anything like it before either, although the song for me was Dazed and Confused.

John made an incredible contribution to LZ - he was the "thunder of the gods" and the heart and soul of the band. Whether in the studio or live, Jimmy brought out the best in John...and John brought out the best in the band - even when Jimmy or Robert were having an "off" night, Bonzo carried on. I never once saw him play anything other than a stellar performance, never an "off" night from him.

Heady and wonderful days, the 70s. :)

Archived