Phill Brown Interview

Bayougal65

interesting!!

"The members of the band, apart from Bonham, had long flowing curly hair - looking like Jesus or some Greek gods. Jones was friendly and polite and on another planet altogether. Bonham and Plant were relaxed and relatively easy to deal with, but Page was dark, moody and difficult. I found him particularly hard to communicate with. He was self-centered and into some form of weird spiritual crap. A great fan of the writings of Aleister Crowley, he owned Crowley’s old residence, Boleskine house."

Is it just me or does Mr. Brown sound a little jealous & a tad snarky?

I understand he is a well respected engineer but I also have to wonder what his contribution to IV really was?

AND

The Crowley dig strikes me un-called for and prompted by "Jimmy envy".

Just my 2 cents.

Let's face it, Peter and Jimmy were not very pleasant to be around at certain points in time. To the average person, or in this case engineer, they must have seemed to be

very intimidating and impersonal. I wouldn't want Peter breathing down my neck while I was trying to do my job - that's for sure!!

And Jimmy, well he wasn't everyone's cup of tea back then. I think he is much more pleasant to be around these days.

Robert and Jonsey were the "good guys" of the Band. Bonzo was a good guy that had real bad mood swings. Jimmy was on a mission and took no prisoners.

Peter was the Over-Lord, protecting the boys and their needs. Somewhere it all went wrong in the mid to late Seventies.

Archived