Boogie with stu ?!?

tazulike88

I read somewhere that robert is the one that plays guitar on that track while Page plays the mandolin ... i always known that plant can't play the guitar, he even said it once ... but i figured that he might have learned this specific song or something .... and i really want to know about that ... is it true he played guitar on this song ?????

BTW : sorry if this the wrong place to post questions, i'm kinda new here. :)

Robert gave an interview in 1971 where he said "There's a song called 'Sloppy Drunk' on which I play guitar and Jimmy plays mandolin." It is widely believed that "Sloppy Drunk" was just an early title for "Boogie With Stu", but it's possible that it's a completely unreleased song.

Robert also played guitar on early versions of "That's The Way", "Battle Of Evermore" and "Down By The Seaside", but it isn't known if he played on the released versions of those songs.

Now he can play the guitar .... thank you guys .... it's just that i've always typed "robert plant guitar " on youtube and that is inconvenient ... you have to know what you're lookin' for :) ... ThnX again

Boogie with Stu is actually one of my favorite Zeppelin tracks.

And as for guitar, Plant's also been quoted as saying hat while in Led Zeppelin he'd cringe every time he even looked at a guitar because he was in a band with one of the greatest guitarists of the 2nd half of the 20th century.

At the 1995 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, he played guitar with Page and Neil Young during a performance of "When the Levee Breaks":

He straps it on around 2:00 but doesn't really do much with it until about 4:35.

Archived