Hatfields and McCoys, History channel 3 part movie

LedZeppfan77

I recorded and watched the special three part series and watched it twice already. I thought it was very good and it was a huge smash hit on the ratings. What did anyone think that saw it? I always loved Kostner. Paxton too. I did not even recognize Tom Berringer. It must have been tough to live in those days yet life was so simple. No cell phones or I pods and the best music around was a fiddle or a piano I guess. I guess even though you had a far better chance of being shot in those days, at least you had a chance to survive the shot if it didnt hit you just right. Bite on a tree branch and take a shot of whiskey before they pull out the bullet. Pretty sad how they treated that poor young blonde girl. If they had stayed together things could have been different. Great series if you have no yet seen it I suggest watching it. With a few they did not know the exact year they died I noticed. I will not say much more in case some plan to watch it. I am sure it will be on again.

Is that like the show "Hatfields" and Mccoys? :D

Kevin Costner plays Devil Anse Hadfield, the leader and Bill Paxton plays head of the McCoy family. Great 3 part movie. He actually saves Hadfields life during the end of the Civil War but dislikes him right away for deserting. The war ends and then the war between the families begins. I suggest seeing it. Its good

Kevin Costner plays Devil Anse Hadfield, the leader and Bill Paxton plays head of the McCoy family. Great 3 part movie. He actually saves Hadfields life during the end of the Civil War but dislikes him right away for deserting. The war ends and then the war between the families begins. I suggest seeing it. Its good

I think that was her polite way of letting you know you misspelled "Hatfields".

I think that was her polite way of letting you know you misspelled "Hatfields".

So shoot me Jahfin. That is all you do around here is try to belittle people like myself. What does it really matter in the end that I mispelled the fucking name? You just love to stir trouble as usual.

So shoot me Jahfin. That is all you do around here is try to belittle people like myself. What does it really matter in the end that I mispelled the fucking name? You just love to stir trouble as usual.

I'm not the one that pointed out the misspelling. I was just clarifying ledzepfvr's post. Perhaps she meant something entirely different but that's the gist I got out of it.

I had the surgery about 9-10 weeks ago. What is your point? You are doubting I had it? I just had an ultrasound yesterday to make sure I did not get a blood clot from it.

Egad Rick,....

Do you want a list?Or is "I got banned more times than that!" Enough?

What is your post about the surgery for? Answer the question

Ok,...I thought you didn't want me to "Address me again."Can't you figure this out? Even though you have been banned several times for your postings.I didn't not want your major surgery to harm you in anyway.And it could have gone the wrong way.No?I wished you well and hoped for full recovery.Yet, you continue with insults.

Ok,...I thought you didn't want me to "Address me again."Can't you figure this out? Even though you have been banned several times for your postings.I didn't not want your major surgery to harm you in anyway.And it could have gone the wrong way.No?I wished you well and hoped for full recovery.Yet, you continue with insults.

i did not start this one. I actually was responding to Jahfin. Appropriate thread for a war isnt it?

PS, I have asked the admin to fix my mispelling on the title.

Is Jim Vance using an old Winchester with that gold stock? I believe Winchester's did go back that far? Gun of the old west. I have fired those 30/30's and they kick like a mule. A great gun now and then I am sure. The handguns of the day I would guess were mostly Colt's? Certainly if you were not hit in a vital area you could often survive a pistol shot. And no semi or automatic's to worry about. I wonder if that scope was one of the early Bushnell's?

Both sides were very wrong in things they chose to do. Jim Vance and Bad Frank were both far nastier than either of the leaders, Devil Anse or Randall McCoy. I do think two of the four that faced the firing squad deserved it. Certainly not all four. And Cotton Top's hanging was a travesty to say the least.

Here is a guide of characters and you can go back and forth to both families

http://www.history.com/shows/hatfields-and-mccoys/interactives/hatfields-and-mccoys-whos-who

Speaking of family feuds I'd love to see this turned into a movie:

It's Decoration Day.

And I've a mind to roll a stone on his grave.

But what would he say.

"Keeping me down, boy, won't keep me away."

It's Decoration Day.

And I knew the Hill Boys would put us away,

but my Daddy wasn't afraid.

He said "We'll fight till the last Lawson's last living day"

I never knew how it all got started

a problem with Holland before we were born

and I don't know the name of that boy we tied down

and beat till he just couldn't walk anymore.

But I know the caliber in Daddy's chest

and I know what Holland Hill drives.

The state let him go, but I guess it was best

cause nobody needs all us Lawsons alive.

Daddy said one of the boys had come by

the Lumber Man's favorite son.

He said, "Beat him real good but don't dare let him die

and if you see Holland Hill run.

Now I said, "they ain't give us trouble no more

that we ain't brought down on ourselves"

But a chain on my back and my ear to the floor

and I'll send all the Hill Boys to hell.

It's Decoration Day

and I've got a family in Mobile Bay

and they've never seen my Daddy's grave.

But that don't bother me, it ain't marked anyway.

Cause I got dead brothers in Lauderdale south

and I got dead brothers in east Tennessee.

My Daddy got shot right in front of his house

he had no one to fall on but me.

It's Decoration Day

and I've got a mind to go spit on his grave.

If I was a Hill, I'd have put him away

and I'd fight till the last Lawson's last living day.

I'd fight till the last Lawson's last living day.

I'd fight till the last Lawson's last living day.

Whooa boys!!!!! See that little happy face after my post, I meant it as a light hearted jab. Not meant to start a war. So knock off the petty bickering, please. Thanks

I did see the promos for this series, looked interesting.

I have it recorded on my DVR... I've heard great things about this series.

I'll probably watch it this weekend..

I'm looking forward to watching it

I burned it also and have already seen it 3 times. You will love it.

Archived