Zeppelin Kennedy honors

McSeven

Led Zeppelin will be honored at this years Kennedy Cente Honors Dec 26 on channel CBS in the USA. How would you want the festivities to go? Do you want JP/JPJ/Rp to play at the event and what songs would you want to hear. If its others that are going to do songs of Zep. What do you want them to play.

I would love to hear Classics like Out on the Tiles/When the Levee Breaks/10 yrs gone, either way. Song cuts that we fans will smile when we watch.

I don't want to hear pop bands doing Zeppelin. I don't want to hear justin Bieber do Whole Lotta Love.

Anyways please chime in with your thoughts.

I agree that I don't want Justin Bieber either. As far as I am concerned, Led Zeppelin can have it any way they want it but my understanding is that the Kennedy Center Honors follows a format of having the honorees seated while someone else gives a performance as part of the tribute. I believe honoring a veteran rock band should include other rock veterans. They only act I believe who would truly do a decent presentation with respect and justice toward Led Zeppelin is Heart. Why? They're respected in their own right and though they have done Led Zeppelin covers, it was only after they had made a name for themselves on their own merit. Heart never was a Led Zep copycat, which is why I would prefer a performance from Heart instead of Soundgarden. I recall hearing Ann Wilson say "We like these guys", as part of her introduction when she and her sister performed "Rock and Roll". Ann Wilson has a vocal range that enables her to do any Led Zeppelin song and do it right! Since a Kennedy Center Honors presentation would likely consist of a medley, it is possible other notable musicians could join in the tribute. However, Stairway to Heaven is such a classic, it would be difficult for any performer to do a decent one. Still, I believe Ann and Nancy Wilson have the potential to do an honorable, respectable rendition of Stairway; perhaps even a memorable one.

Archived