7 UP ( tv series ) who has been following it?

slave to zep

56 up is due to air here tomorrow night, i can't wait! i have followed it all the way through, and find it fascinating!

i said to my husband, how weird it must be for the participants to be able to look back at themselves like this. personally, i would have loved to have footage of myself, as i have none, only a few photos here and there.

http://www.sbs.com.au/documentary/program/1049

oh thank goodness, i thought i may be the only one!

yes, poor neil. and how lovely is bruce that he helped him out.

i wish charles would return, but alas, i don't think so.

the biggest surprise for me is that i thought john and suzy were horrible little toffs, but turned out to be the most lovely adults, not at all stuck up.

jackie was a pain in her twenties, but she was nicer later on too.

can't wait for tonights episode!

The "Up" series is one of the most remarkable documentary projects of all-time. A landmark study of people as they are...nothing remotely like the 'reality tv' farce that is propagated on the public today. It is a one of a kind document on a people(Britsh kids) and place(Britain) over a long stretch of time.

Michael Apted, who took over for Paul Almond after the first episode "Seven Up!", is probably recognized more for this than any of his feature films. I know they were made for British TV, but as an American, I have usually seen these in the theatre. PBS would air the various episodes from time to time, but they would also get theatrical releases here in the U.S., too.

What's fascinating is that I don't think it was planned to be a multi-part project; "Seven Up!" was originally supposed to be one-and-done. So for Apted to continue to get the kids' cooperation to continue after the first one was amazing.

Looking forward to seeing the latest one, "56 Up!"

56 up aired last night, and i loved it!

but it was only part 1. Lynn, Neil, Paul and Peter ( who returned after not being in the last few ).

can't wait for the rest!

strider, there are some on youtube, maybe all. and my local blockbuster has the whole series, except this last one.

well i guess i am alone in this, except for strider and texas melanie .....

saw the last installment last night, tony, andrew, lyn, and john. no mention at all of charles .... i so want to find out what he has been up to ( besides working for the bbc ... )

Archived