2013 AUSTIN PSYCH FEST! April 26-28

Strider

Now, this is more like it...much more interesting to me than the Coachella line-up. If I didn't have medical appointments to deal with in that time frame, I would definitely think about heading to Austin that weekend.

This is the 6th Annual Austin Psych Fest and it is Friday-Sunday, April 26-28, 2013, at the Carson Creek Ranch. Silver Apples, Black Angels, Acid Mothers Temple, The Moving Sidewalks featuring Billy Gibbons(of ZZ Top), Roky Erickson, Tinariwen, Os Mutantes, Deerhunter, Kaleidoscope, Spectrum ...there are some groovy acts on this bill.

Here's the link for info: http://www.austinpsychfest.com and here's the line-up:

austin%2Bpsych%2Bfest.jpg

FRIDAY, APRIL 26

BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB RAVEONETTES WARPAINT TINARIWEN OM ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE SILVER APPLES THE SOFT MOON BESNARD LAKES TAMARYN BASS DRUM OF DEATH SUUNS LUMERIANS GARY WAR WOODSMAN RIDE INTO THE SUN TJUTJUNA

SATURDAY, APRIL 27

DEERHUNTER BLACK MOUNTAIN BORIS OS MUTANTES MAN OR ASTROMAN? SPECTRUM KALEIDOSCOPE (UK) THE WARLOCKS QUINTRON & MISS PUSSYCAT THE BLACK RYDER NIGHT BEATS VIETNAM BLACK BANANAS YOUNG MAGIC VINYL WILLIAMS GOLDEN ANIMALS HOLYDRUG COUPLE WALL OF DEATH TTOTALS

SUNDAY, APRIL 28

THE MOVING SIDEWALKS FEATURING BILLY GIBBONS OF ZZ TOP THE BLACK ANGELS ROKY ERICKSON CLINIC THE GROWLERS THE KING KAHN & BBQ SHOW WHITE FENCE GOAT INDIAN JEWELRY NO JOY DEAD SKELETONS ELEPHANT STONE THE LAURELS THE CULT OF DOM KELLER HOLY WAVE DREAMTIME

Robert Plant is a big fan of Tinariwen, and I would really recommend seeing them play if you have the chance.

Tinariwen are amazing (Robert is not only a fan, he played music with them)

Might you like that vibe, check out Tamikrest and Tartit.

Wish I could be at the festival, Strider.......great line up. Too bad for me that it's a bit far far away.

Robert Plant is a big fan of Tinariwen, and I would really recommend seeing them play if you have the chance.

Tinariwen are absolutely a must-see. If you've never had a chance to see them in concert, put them on your list. You won't be sorry. Ibrahim Ag Alhabib will blow your mind on guitar.

Archived