Going to California - Led Zeppelin 1973 James Fortune kindle book

aen27

I just found this tonight on Amazon. Another book only available in ebook format. There are supposedly many unpublished pictures in here as well. Does one know more about this. It just came out in August?

http://www.amazon.com/Going-California-Zeppelin-1973-ebook/dp/B00EVBZ4DM/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1378160507&sr=1-2

I just bought it!

Will let you know. :)

It is crap, don't waste your money. :mad:

I honestly don't know how people get away with selling this! :mad:

This is a joke!

They "pad" pages by spelling out titles in huge fonts! :wtf:

Very few photos all of which have been seen before!

I doubt very seriously that the photographers had anything to do with this book. I know if I was a reputable photographer I wouldn't!

James Fortune has passed away, right?

I would like to know if his estate endorsed this... Such a shame.

Wow! :(

Ok,

I found something totally online that looks very much like the amazon e-book.

Except the e-book has less photos!

http://issuu.com/stuffstuff/docs/squaregoingtocalifornia

I don't know what the above is but the wording is almost word for word. :wtf:

It looks like a self-publishing site.

Peyton Sorah is not mentioned in the Amazon ebook but is the author of the issuu document!

Oh the horrors and joys of self-publishing!

Bottom line?

Buyer beware! :mad:

It's a shame that so many products are trash now days, it applies to a wide range of items books, furniture etc... We all work hard for our money only to be let down again & again. You really do have to watch & consider every purchase & even then sometimes you get screwed!

This eBook was submitted without authorization by the photographers, Keith Rodabaugh & James Fortune. A Cease & Desist letter is going out to Amazon and the person who submitted this. It is a shame, because these two photographers have some damn good photos of the band. And the dove photo was taken by Keith and made the rock and roll hall of fame. Keith has been living out of the country for more than thirty years. I sit on his archive of rock photos, many never seen. He definitely is pissed.

This eBook was submitted without authorization by the photographers, Keith Rodabaugh & James Fortune. A Cease & Desist letter is going out to Amazon and the person who submitted this. It is a shame, because these two photographers have some damn good photos of the band. And the dove photo was taken by Keith and made the rock and roll hall of fame. Keith has been living out of the country for more than thirty years. I sit on his archive of rock photos, many never seen. He definitely is pissed.

As he should be, Zestos!

What I purchased could not even qualify as a pamphlet! Passing this off as authorised and legit is a horrible crime!

Amazon was very quick to give me my money back, in fact I heard back from them within an hour of my complaint!

I have quite a lot of dealings in the world of books and I am appalled at times as to what passes as legit on the e-book front!

I wish you and Keith all the best in fighting the charlatan who published it!

Peace!

PS: as Keith has probably been told a million times the dove photo is simply beyond words!

It captured a perfect moment and feeling for our entire generation!

Archived