College Basketball 2013-'14

LedZeppfan77

They have some good, young talent. Long arms to help extend that 2-3 zone. They just need consistent scorers. CJ Fair can't do all the scoring. Cooney is their big 3-point threat. The Freshman point guard looks great so far....but the kid I like the best is Jeremy Grant. He's the nephew of Horace Grant and has been very dynamic off the bench so far this season. They have all the parts and pieces to go far, looking forward to seeing how they match up against Duke, when they play in February!

They have some good, young talent. Long arms to help extend that 2-3 zone. They just need consistent scorers. CJ Fair can't do all the scoring. Cooney is their big 3-point threat. The Freshman point guard looks great so far....but the kid I like the best is Jeremy Grant. He's the nephew of Horace Grant and has been very dynamic off the bench so far this season. They have all the parts and pieces to go far, looking forward to seeing how they match up against Duke, when they play in February!

Lets hope they go far. I asked the mods to ZAP this thread. I could not find the other one in my search.

Why zap it? There isn't another 2013 college basketball thread already, is there? We should just have our own Syracuse basketball thread! ;)

Damn Walter. You sure have pull around here. Normally they would have whacked any thread I created in a NY minute. But you said to let it stay and presto!!! I am going to call you the magic man.

Damn Walter. You sure have pull around here. Normally they would have whacked any thread I created in a NY minute. But you said to let it stay and presto!!! I am going to call you the magic man.

C'mon man! It's not a repeated thread so.... Anyway, did you watch the game yesterday? Down 25-7 after the first 8-9 minutes and then won by 16! The dominated the inside and Cooney and Fair hit some 3's - they looked great!

Next game is v. Eastern Michigan on New Years Eve @3 on espnu.

C'mon man! It's not a repeated thread so.... Anyway, did you watch the game yesterday? Down 25-7 after the first 8-9 minutes and then won by 16! The dominated the inside and Cooney and Fair hit some 3's - they looked great!

Next game is v. Eastern Michigan on New Years Eve @3 on espnu.

Could not but will be watching later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HUGE game tonight at the Carrier Dome. The two winningest coaches square off in their first ACC meeting.

Duke vs. Syracuse

LET'S GO ORANGE!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yes Indeed Walter. Go Cuse!! Larry Ness, IMO the best capper on Don's Best (gambling info site) picks SU. He is very good.

Well Syracuse is number 1 in the nation and there is no disputing it now. Az lost and we beat Duke. How Duke ever hit that tying shot at the buzzer to force OT is beyond my comprehension. Talk about giving 30,000 people a heart attack. The guy hit the shot from far beyond the top of the circle and with a guy draped all over him. It was a prayer of a shot. Whish. In it went. SU had the upper hand as a couple of their stars had fouled out. They are number 17. So just imagine what is in between to have to deal with. The Tourney this year may be a real war. But fot now, the Orange are NUMBER ONE IN THE NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :hurrah:

Well Syracuse is number 1 in the nation and there is no disputing it now. Az lost and we beat Duke. How Duke ever hit that tying shot at the buzzer to force OT is beyond my comprehension. Talk about giving 30,000 people a heart attack. The guy hit the shot from far beyond the top of the circle and with a guy draped all over him. It was a prayer of a shot. Whish. In it went. SU had the upper hand as a couple of their stars had fouled out. They are number 17. So just imagine what is in between to have to deal with. The Tourney this year may be a real war. But fot now, the Orange are NUMBER ONE IN THE NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :hurrah:

I just found out about Arizona losing! Yes, SU will be #1. However, they play Notre Dame tonight and if I'm not mistaken the last time the Orange was #1 they lost to ND - at ND. We shall see. They still have road games at Pitt, Virginia, FSU, and Duke. They will lose 1 or 2 of those games, IMO. I would feel better about the NCAA tourney if they did lose a couple before it begins. At this point that's all they are really playing for - the National Championship.

I just found out about Arizona losing! Yes, SU will be #1. However, they play Notre Dame tonight and if I'm not mistaken the last time the Orange was #1 they lost to ND - at ND. We shall see. They still have road games at Pitt, Virginia, FSU, and Duke. They will lose 1 or 2 of those games, IMO. I would feel better about the NCAA tourney if they did lose a couple before it begins. At this point that's all they are really playing for - the National Championship.

I know what you are saying. Going in unbeaten would give everyone the old feeling, they are due to lose. The law of averages will do us in. At Duke will be a pure bitch. I do not believe they will lose tonight. They are 15 pt favs I think and this ND team is not as good as that one that upset us are they? But a letdown is possible after an emotional win on national TV. Still, they may be too darn good for ND. My daughter and uncle both graduated from Syracuse. I always loved Notre Dame as a kid growing up. Wanted to go there but did not have the scratch. SU can win the tournament this year I feel. I have not seen alot of the other top teams however. I would say they are a cinch for the sweet 16

Syracuse squeaked by ND....61-55. Hard fought - thank god for Cooney, 32 points - 9 3-pointers!

:cheer:

Probably a bit of a let down after the big win over Duke. A little bit of over confidence no doubt. But they were focused enough to not blow it. I would guess its on the road next? They could lose one or two and keep the top ranking if the other top contenders lose a couple. But in the end, the NCAA tourney is the tell all.

• 2 weeks later...

Another game, another crazy win. SU 56 NC State 55 after a number of great defensive plays in the last 2 minutes.

Next up: Wednesday night vs. Boston College

This Saturday night, the rematch @ Duke, 7 pm.

At Duke is going to be a BITCH. No way can we win if we play like we did vs the last two. Its simply a miracle they won the last two. I still would rather go into the tournament with a loss than unbeaten. You know why I am sure. The old law of averages. I think it will take an incredible game to escape Duke with a win. Its very hard to beat a team two times in a row in any sport.

Archived