2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Dodgers won yesterday, but the Giants still have the better head to head record, although Kershaw is going in today's game.

The O's keep winning and the Yankees keep losing, although I just read the news about Wieters and Davis coming back. After this Astros series, the Birds host the Tigers, oh my....

Dodgers won yesterday, but the Giants still have the better head to head record, although Kershaw is going in today's game.

The O's keep winning and the Yankees keep losing, although I just read the news about Wieters and Davis coming back. After this Astros series, the Birds host the Tigers, oh my....

Tillman of all people is going to cost us the streak. Now Wieters on DL. Davis just returned. Big decisions to come regarding this pitching staff once Guasman is ready. And hopefully Bundy at some point. I say start Zack Britton. He has earned it.

King Felix on the mound tonight. It's been awhile since he had a win and he looked real sluggish his last start. And I hope Rick isn't looking for too much help from the Mets in this subway series with the Yanks....

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

For some reason my betting site that gives out some daily picks is picking the Mets to win tonight. I hope they are right. I would not count the O's out vs Detroit at all. Detroit has been playing teams not as good as Baltimore. I sure hope Wieters recovers from whatever it is that is keeping him out. And fast. We have the best infield in the game on the field again. I think King Felix wins tonight against a tampa team that has been surprisingly dull of late. I know their pitching is a mess. But they do have alot of good bats. Langoria, Joyce, and more. I hope Buck decides very soon to put Zack Britton in the starting rotation. Regardless of what heppens with Gausman.

Norris and Tori Hunter barking at each other and cleared the benches and bullpen. One fucking mistake is going to cost us this game. Two outs and two strikes and he shakes his head no twice. he should have went with the catcher's call on the pitch. He may as well have served it up underhand. so instead of 2-1 its 4-1. Need a huge comeback and have two innings to do it. Almost a big fight. They almost hit Markakis twice inning before. Looked pretty intentional to me. Norris certainly did not want to face Cabrera so he had no intention of hitting Hunter. But Hunter started talking trash on the way to first and Norris went off

No it wasn't. It was a good call. He didn't tag him.

A real nail-biter...

He tagged him right on the chest. Are you kidding me? Then Buck does not walk Cabrera. Big mistake there. Why would you pitch to Cabrera?

Could have picked up a game on Yankees and Sox. Nice going Buck. Putting Hunter in. You better come up with some decisions

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Mets beat the Yankees again. 6-0 going back to last year. I guess we are giving the Orioles some help, now if only they could beat the Tigers, although tonight may not be the night. Verlander on the mound...

Hunter was one strike away. He then walks the batter and Cabrera comes up. I am expecting them to walk him. Instead he throws in an underhand pitch basically and its gone. Buck's fault. WALK THE FUCKER WITH ONE OUT TO GO. Jiminez pitched a 3 hit gem. We left a ton of runners on. They are not better, just lucky. We can beat Verlander. What do you think about Fernandez? Sucks. Just like Wieters. Yes thanks Mets and Twins and everyone else that has beat up the East. Right now I am more distressed by the Clippers

Yeah, the news about Fernandez really stinks. But I have no idea what MLB can do to stop this epidemic of "Tommy John" surgeries....

Good to see Gausman back on the mound. So far so good. They want to get about 80 pitches and maybe 3 or 4 innings out of him. Buck Showalter has come out with his displeasure of Hunter's recent saves or lack there of. I will give my disgust of his recent managing. Why on Earth would you put him in with a 1-0 lead and knowing how bad he has been? With lefties coming up you have Matusz who never kills us. You have Zack Britton, even better. I have been for him to start. If they are not going to start him, make him the closer. When is Bunday going to be ready? When is the batting coach going to have a sit down with Chris Davis and tell him to stop swinging at garbage at the ankles? Now Matt Wieters is out. Our best hitter by far this year. I hope its not long. We need him. I do commend the kid they called up. Joseph. He was great last night. Threw out Cabrera trying to steal. I know he is not speedy Gonzalez but he had a good lead. Cudo's to the Mets and Twins for keepins us in first despite terrible managing by Buck Showalter. Stupid stupid stupid putting Hunter in last night. I assure you Hunter will be picking splinters out of his ass for the near future. Disagree EBK?? Go ahead and let me have it. I want us to win and win right now. No reason that we cant win this blasted division. Gausman just put down his first 5. I wonder if you are in the stands? I wish they would throw the first pitch to Tori Hunter right where it counts. Right between his legs.