2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Sure hope not. And the day after JJ hurt his thumb.

Sorry you have to watch the yankee feed... blech.

They are blaming their offense. My heart does not bleed for them after all the years we were last. I hope we beat them every night. I hope Manny is not out long. Right knee sprain. I think a month at worst. Would be back for playoffs. But that is worst case. Bang, another run. The stadium is quieter. I think they know about Robin. It really sucks

Glad to see the O's come back with some offense--I'm watching the King do his thing vs. the Jays at the moment; Detroit Tigers are coming apart at the seams it would appear...

I just had it on too. That freakin Hutchinson just struck out the side. I figured the Jays to be real tired but of course not the pitcher. I loved this game under and so far so good. I have Seattle hammered with Baltimore and the Twins

This Seattle crowd is going nuts.

Gimme some help King Felix!!!!! :notworthy:

Edited by LedZeppfan77

King Felix responds by striking out 3 in an inning. Would feel a little better about it if Seattle could scratch out some more runs, but the way Felix is going, 2 might be enough...

I take it you typed this very early. Final was 11-1 I think. They busted it open.; Caught them jet lagged and tired. And the place was packed. It was a stange night. I mean then finding out about Williams. It really put a damper on what was otherwise a night when we buried the Yankees, perhaps literally. Then that news.

^^ Yes, it was still 2-1 when I typed that last message, then Seattle exploded. I'm sure King Felix was happy to finally get some run support like that.

I'm wondering if anyone is still ready to put Detroit in the World Series at the moment?

They may be going home early if they do not watch it. They have a brutal schedule. Lets see how they do in the head up series vs Seattle and the two vs KC home and away. If they prevail and beat those teams, then they will likely be ok. But they need their big bats to come alive fast. I think Oakland is going to stop the streak tonight. I like Oakland to beat KC tonight. Pittsburgh, without McCutcheon got to the Tigers early. I have to believe Pittsburgh is not good enough to keep this up. As for my Orioles, I would not count on the Yankees bouncing back tonight. They talk the talk. Saying they came in to win the series and its disappointing to lose game one. They had a 3-1 lead on the worst defensive play of the year by the Orioles and still got trampled. I am more interested in Manny Machado's MRI results. My fingers are crossed. Losing Manny for a few weeks we can survive. But can we go deep in the playoffs without him and Matt Wieters? Maybe. But I do not want to lose Manny. No way

Well I am anxiously awaiting the MRI results for Manny Machado. I cannot take hearing he is done for the year when we are so good. How far can we go without Machado and Wieters? Two huge holes. Joseph has done the job well for Weitres so we can survive that. We do not loses our power because we still have Davis, Jones and Cruz. And Delmon Young. We also can put Flaherty in and not get hurt that bad on defense. We lose his doubles and his bat. But we can survive. We have pitching. I just hope he can make the playoffs. I do think Baltimroe can win the Series. I honestly do. Sure things have to go right. And we cannot lose another star. I hope the news is good. I believe we can take the division without him, if he misses 30 or 40 even. I do not think that would be the case with a knee sprain. I would say 3 weeks, 4 tops. Maybe less? But he would be available for the playoffs if its only a sprain. Someone told me he could play with a torn MCL. I do not know. he plays 3rd and you have to have mobility. And they are not going to risk hurting a guy like Machado. He could be a a hall of famer if he is healthy enough to play.

I haven't heard Verlander's status yet, but I bet it isn't good. Losing him and Sanchez certainly puts a damper on our chances....but it ain't over until it's over. I bet our new manager is stressing a bit....I think he's in over his head. We're also starting three rookies, which doesn't bode well for September. KC is playing very well, but that isn't going to last....they have holes too. Should be interesting !

Verlander supposed to have an MRI of his right shoulder today--I guess you have to cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Machado supposed to have an MRI as well, have not heard any updates on him....

Machado had his at 10 EST. They can take up to 50 minutes plus a cat scan to follow. The Orioles must know something by now? I have three browsers open including the Baltimore Sun awaiting the news and praying its not grim. This is just not something we needed in a year that we are so good. Losing Matt was bad enough. I just want to hear he can be back by playoffs. and hopefully much sooner. We should know any minute I would think.

Manny's MRI was pushed back to early afternoon. They said he may be in there now or just finishing. I think we will know something mid afternoon. Heavy rains continue and the guy from MLB says he doubts they will play tonight. Yankees return in Sept and a double header could be scheduled then if today's game is postponed.

I am glued to MLB waiting for the official word on Manny. The game is rained out. Just saw the ERA and I see Kluber of Cleveland is 3rd. Very impressive. The King is up there, forget the position but watched him last night. A beast on the mound. So Paul, lets see if you are reading. How can a Mets fan have the Braves as his second favorite team? That is very strange as they are in same division. We will leave room on the bandwagon with a seat saved for you if you need a team to cheer for in the playoffs. I do think my O's will be there. LOL. So truly, if and when the Mets and Braves are done, who will you cheer for? You know KC has not made it since 1985? I watched them win the series in game 7 from a hotel in Philly after watching the Bills at the Eagles live. The QB for Buffalo was Joe Ferguson and Cunningham I believe for the EAgles. George Brett was on KC so you know how long ago this was. We wound up going to a hockey game in Philly and then hitting the boardwalk in Atlantic City.

Rick, you got it all wrong. Never said I was a Braves fan--only that I was hoping for the Braves as far as the MLB contest goes. As for teams I am pulling for, the O's and the Mariners would be at the top of the list. I would like to see the King get a shot at showing his stuff on a national stage in the postseason, so the whole country could have a chance to see how great he is...

Rick, you got it all wrong. Never said I was a Braves fan--only that I was hoping for the Braves as far as the MLB contest goes. As for teams I am pulling for, the O's and the Mariners would be at the top of the list. I would like to see the King get a shot at showing his stuff on a national stage in the postseason, so the whole country could have a chance to see how great he is...

ITS OFFICIAL. RIGHT KNEE LIGAMENT STRAIN! So he will return at some point. Thank God. We can survive without him for a bit. Hardy I hear is also out for a few. WTF? A thumb sprain? I thought he would return tomorrow according to reports. So I guess not. But Even without these two stars, I feel we can win. We have done it all year and the experts agree

They wont miss a beat. Manny will return. Hardy will return vs Indians. And the infield is set. No minor league player needed. Pearce, Davis, Schoop and Flaherty. They will show the Yankees mercy and use Hundley behind the plate instead of Joseph tonight. If Tillman pitches well, we should win. The Yankees go with a guy back fresh off the DL. Pineda. And they cannot buy a hit. We looked like a team out of a movie with little league players in that one inning where they took a 3-1 lead and we proceded to bury them 11-3. Seattle, thanks for the help. We have the biggest lead in the bigs. Nothing is going to derail this team. The chore of the lineup, our power hitters are heating up again. And Hardy is on fire. The O's are on fire. Watching Manny's interview. Not worried. Buck is not worried. I am not worried

They are talking about the O's on MLB Network right now. The gist of it is that the experts are buying Baltimore, not only to win the division, but make a deep run in the postseason. I would have to agree with that sentiment, especially given the current state of the Detroit Tigers....

Oh yeah, I have been watching MLB network every day. A White Sock just hit one into McCovey cove. Thoes guys in those canoes are something aren't they? Spend the day in a canoe waiting for a baseball to come over the wall and into the same bay that is home to Alcatraz. I wonder if they have their radio on to know its coming?

Gone are the posts of Yankee fans and Boston fans this year. We have waited a long time. my biggest question for the Orioles is not when Hardy and Manny will be back, they will be back and Hardy is scheduled for this weekend. I am wondering if Dylan Bundy will get his major league chance? He has come along well according to the reports I have seen. And what of Miguel Gonzalez? They seem to have more faith in Jiminez than Gonzalez and that puzzles me. Chen, Tillman and Norris and Gausman are all locked in it seems. To me, if the playoffs started today, it would be a tough 3 way tie between Tillman, Chen and Norris to start a series. Myself, I actually like Norris or Chen. Buck knows what he is doing. I knwo exactly why he rested Chen. Cleveland and Francona are known for throwing up a ton of left handed batters. So bring them on. Mr Chen awaits them