2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Heh, there doesn't seem to be much to post about if you are a fan of the Yanks or the Sawx--but the Yanks still have a puncher's chance at the postseason; as it stands now, they are only 3.5 back of the 2nd Wild Card Spot. But I'm hoping beyond hope that Seattle punches their ticket for the postseason.

How does that 7.5 game lead in August feel Rick? Mighty good I imagine...

Edited by paul carruthers

Heh, there doesn't seem to be much to post about if you are a fan of the Yanks or the Sawx--but the Yanks still have a puncher's chance at the postseason; as it stands now, they are only 3.5 back of the 2nd Wild Card Spot. But I'm hoping beyond hope that Seattle punches their ticket for the postseason.

How does that 7.5 game lead in August feel Rick? Mighty good I imagine...

I have to pinch myself. Even though 97 was the last division crown, I never ever thought that team was going anywhere. 1983 was the last time we had a team that was capable of winning it all and we did. Cal Ripken's rookie season. This year, I feel we are absolutely the best team in baseball hands down. I have watched the Dodgers and last night the pricks cost me a hundred. Bases loaded with one out in the 9th and Puig strikes out, and then Kemp hits into a double play. Not the look of a team that is predicted by the media to go all the way. You look at last night. Everything looked like the yankees would win. But we came back and buried them with the long ball. No team has the power that Baltimore has. And when Machado and Hardy are out there the defense is the best. And so too is the bullpen along with Seattle and KC and maybe the Angels. We do not need a Kershaw to win this thing. Buck Showalter will do. I too want Seattle to get in for their fans. And KC. Let them all get in. Its time that some of those long suffering franchises, ours included make it. Let the Yankees and Boston and St Louis watch this year. And King, your Cardinals are D O N E. Got that?

I believe those two series in Sept between KC and Detroit will be the biggest ones as for deciding a division and perhaps who goes home. I believe Seattle may beat out the loser of that Central division. Of course Toronto cannot be counted out. I am counting the Yankees out because they do not have the hitting that Toronto has. Nor the deep bullpen that Seattle has. Talking about wild card. Nobody in their right mind is going to pick anyone but Baltimore to win the East. I believe their lead is now insurmountable. Time will tell. But we have not lost two consecutive games since late June. Quite a feat

Well Sherzer put in a nice performance today to solidify his position to win the Cy Young in the AL. He is the guy I guess I would expect to be a finalist. My boy Chen can tie him in wins tomorrow but must have an impressive outing. I expect him to do well agaisnt a left handed loaded Cleveland lineup that really slumped against the Diamondbacks yesterday. I mean, in that double header they got 3 runs in one game and none in the other and it was 14 innings. Watching the Reds now. God I need my head examined. The Reds are not that good but they are better than Colorado. 2-1 in the second and the Rockheads lead off with a single. Wake up Simon. I can win over two C notes if these idiots win

Looks like ebk will be getting a double dose of fun this year. Unless something catastrophic happens, both Baltimore and Washington will be punching their ticket to the postseason.

I think I'm buying Max Scherzer, as far as his shot at winning another Cy Young. If he does get it, I wonder if that will translate to a big payday in the offseason--although Detroit did make him a very handsome offer earlier this year and he turned it down...

Looks like ebk will be getting a double dose of fun this year. Unless something catastrophic happens, both Baltimore and Washington will be punching their ticket to the postseason.

I think I'm buying Max Scherzer, as far as his shot at winning another Cy Young. If he does get it, I wonder if that will translate to a big payday in the offseason--although Detroit did make him a very handsome offer earlier this year and he turned it down...

He has to be the front runner. Of course Kershaw is a lead pipe cinch in the NL. Wins I guess do not matter as much as era? Several others can catch him in wins including Chen, but tonight we have to go against Kluber. He has been the best pitcher in baseball recently. To win this game we likely have to just hang around until he id finished maybe in the 7th inning. Our bullpen is far better than theirs so we may be able to get to them late if we are not too far in the hole. They had alot of trouble scoring runs vs Arizona. Why I do not know because they had been hitting fairly well, even though they beat the Yankees with pitching. Yankees at Tampa. Have fun with that Yankee nation. I will be shocked if the Yankees win more than one game. I believe Toronto will win tonight. Stop the bleeding at 3. They have that kid going that has been good. Stroman at the White Sox. I would be surprised if they lost that one. I am wondering if Encarcion comes back tonight? I am hoping Hardy does but my guess is Saturday. Buck will not rush him. He will have to be 100%. He has been red hot too. I have my streak contest on the line and I have gotten to 4 a few times and got whacked. I took Detroit with Porcello over Seattle. Seattle is traveling and they are due for a loss and its desperation time for Detroit. It is for Seattle also but I think Detroit has the more favorable matchup pitching tonight. The King goes tomorrow. Vs Price. It is going to be huge when Detroit plays KC for those two series in Sept. KC has not been able to beat them in the past but this time it could be different. Some of these wild card races may go to the final day. They NL to me is a joke. To me the Dodgers are the best and they are not exactly scary other than Kershaw. The AL is far better.

I just noticed Porcello can actually get to 14 wins tonight. Damn I hope so. .

Edited by LedZeppfan77

You know Rick, I totally forgot about Felix Hernandez, as far as the Cy Young award is concerned. I guess he's been so good, he kind of just slips under the radar and the fact that he plays on the West Coast. But as far as Cy Young votes, Felix has to be number one, then Scherzer....

Tough call between them. Tomorrow the King vs Price. Man I hope Porcello fucking comes through for me vs Paxson. I just feel /Seattle is 90 percent pitching and are due for a loss coming east. Tigers desperate. Can you believe they signed Jim Johnson. LOL. Good luck. He will pitch in Toledo again to get ready. He asked to. He is still better than fat ass Chamberlain but still a liability. Detroit has great starters but a terrible pen. My boys may need to make a big run in the late innings and hope Chen can match Kluber's intensity. Kluber has been unreal lately. Scary good. Keeping the Indians in the race. Tonight worries me. But we have a good lead. Encarcion is returnint tonight for Toronto.

I hope that Buck now realizes this fucking bum Jiminez is not worth keeping. He was supposed to be put in the bullpen? Why? Just fucking release him. We were just rolling along and now they had to put this asshole back in the rotation. Now our streak of not losing 2 in a row is in big jeapardy. 3-0 against a team that has had trouble scoring. this guy sucks. get rid of him.

Well the steak is over thanks to Jiminez and Buck being TOO NICE OF A GUY. He should have known better than to put that sack of shit out there. I predict the Orioles release his sorry ass Monday and he never sees the Cubs. If we dont sweept the Cubs and clock the Injuns tomorrow I will be a monkeys uncle. Jiminez, adios bendeco

Hmmm, both the King and Clayton Kershaw lost yesterday. And don't look now, but Strider's Angels are ahead by percentage points in the AL West. And to think, after all the wheeling and dealing the A's did, I thought the AL West was a lock for Oakland--maybe not....

O's are up in the 7th after a miserable start to this series. We go to Chicago to play the White Sox and Cubs next. I do not expect a picnic from either Toronto is getting blasted again by the White Sox. So the two losses were not costly. the string was broken. it was late June last time we lost two st. I am hoping to extend this lead now. Oakland has been lacking hitting since Cespedes left. I always felt the Angels were the better team. Better bullpen for sure. . And they have Hamilton, Pujols, and Trout. Oakland cannot send three guys to the plate of that caliber. Not even close. We can. That is why I still think it will come down to the O's and Angels. Hear that Strider? I do not think he is reading these days. We have to go against Sale tomorrow. What fun. Hard to believe Kershaw lost. And the King. Now Seattle is up big against the fading Tigers.

Miller strikes out the side. We need one more inning. Seattle putting it to the Tigers in Detroit. Good. Those idiots cost me my streak. How could I trust the Tigers? I thought Porcello would win. Bye Bye,. Shcoop just hit one over the center field wall!!!!!!!! 4-1 Orioles!!!! :elvis2:

Starting to believe the National League is wide open. Dodgers are not playing up to par. Cardinals coming on again, mainly because of Wainright who is a solid Cy Young candidate, if Kershaw falters again. Its Kershaw's to lose but he best be careful. Not sure who I want to win this Yankees and Tampa game. I certainly fear Tampa far more going down the stretch. They can hit and their pitching is great since all star break. A team nobody would want to see, but I still think its too little too late. Seattle is going to get in. Only question is will they be a wild card or catch the Angels? I am liking KC more than Detroit but they must be able to at least hold serve vs the Tigers head up in those 6 big games in Sept.

I am booked to fly to the big apple but I am not going to miss any playoff action.

I'm thinking Seattle's only shot at the postseason is that 2nd wild card. Brewers putting the wood to the Dodgers. I'm starting to think very late in the game that these Brewers might be a handful come October. Nothing about the Brewers would seem to impress the casual fan, but they do have a solid closer--that much I know and they find ways to get the job done. Man, I'm really looking forward to this year's playoffs....