Neil Young's Pono Player Launches 10/3/14

Reggie29

I remember reading about this, seems like 3 or 4 years ago. I thought it was going to be applied to recording techniques, like dolby, hdcd like the ten...or so icon/trademarks we see on cds. I read the comments in the article about it taking a long time to roll out...but if it does what they say, it will be very cool.

I expect the price to drop (depending on whether or not it takes off), within two years.

Electronic gadgets and products in general are expensive when first released due to set up and marketing costs and drop as the demand increases. iPhones are a classic example.

Given there are a lot of audiophiles out there who literally camp out to buy their toys, there is a market.

Of course we won't know until we hear it. Hopefully future upgrades will feature a recording function.

It'll be interesting to see what the actual size and weight of the unit is, as no specifications are available, as far as I know.

Also I would assume it has the capability to interface with computers and car radios via USB.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived