Record Store Day 2014

Strider

Yes, at the bottom of the back cover is printed Blimp Records 1973© blah blah blah etc. Germany.

But if it is a bootleg, it is far superior in both sound and packaging to any vinyl bootleg I have ever come across. The vinyl is clean and the labels printed and centered perfectly. The disc comes in a pristine jacket sleeve. The album cover itself looks very professionally done, with the actual photos used on the official BBC Sessions. This isn't some TMOQ white cardboard with paper insert.

What really stands out, however, is the sound...it sounds better than the official BBC Sessions cd box that I have. "Dazed and Confused" is particularly phenomenal.

Whoever put this out put a lot more care and thought into it than is usual for a bootleg.

• 8 months later...

Right from the beginning, many of the ones I wanted were already sold out...Spacemen 3 "Translucent Flashbacks", REM Unplugged 1991/2001, Devo "Live at Max's Kansas City 1977".

Tonight, I listened to Devo's Live 1981 Seattle using Amazon Prime.

It was released as a 2xLP on vinyl for Record Store Day 2012. Now available on CD.

It sounds good.

Archived