Led Zeppelin - rise of the travelling band

gittinsj

For some of the first Rock n Roll legends to take their music abroad, and absolutely shocking the world with massive production, and multiple 3hour-plus long gigs, I think the music produced by Zeppelin as covered in How the West Was Won, really shows bands in todays era, how it was and always should be done! Unbeatable music, understated in its origin, the best live shows I've ever heard, with rhythmic change-ups on songs such as 'Going to California' and 'That's the Way'. So gutted that I wasn't around at the time to live through the experience, but glad my dad did. And glad that for me, their music still to this this day, trumps everything out there!

In other words we were born too late.

Yes, but there is far more stuff available today than there was when I was younger, I remember the first time I heard "Live on Blueberry Hill", I couldn't believe how good they were live, fortunately I saw them for the first time the following year (1971), Now we can pick up stuff in vast quantities.

HTWWW is cool to listen to, but Page unknown to some altered huge parts of those two still immortal shows. There are plenty of other

Amazing boots around that period audience source that have the band playing live w/a net anyway, no need for Page's sticky fingers.

Yeah, for quite a while Zep gave the audience 150%, many times a religious experience, and played longer than 95% of other bands.

In other words we were born too late.

Yup, I guess many of us wish there was a way to go back in time...........

However......, I am glad that we still have the music to enjoy. It also helps we nowadays have many ways to get glimpse of the live-experience.

Even YouTube can be a goldmine sometimes, all the vintage stuff you can find there.

Archived