Have you ever had Night Paralysis?

slave to zep

About 10 years ago I started waking up gasping for air. It wasn't a weight issue, but I used to only sleep on my back. Went to the doctor and he wanted to so some overnight test in a clinic for big $$$. I resolved it by learning to sleep on by side with a much thinner pillow.

I can only describe the sensation of waking up gasping for air as feeling like you are at the moment of death.

oh dear, that sounds scary! but more like an obstruction or sleep apnoea than night paralysis. Glad you worked it out for yourself! :)

Really I am not sure what to think..dreams, fallen angels, et's????? No clue and not sure i still want to know...

Interesting as both have been represented as abductors and far more superior intelligently and technologically.

I have had some experience of sleep paralysis in where I am somewhere in between waking and dreaming. But during this, I feel a presence on top of me, pinning me down (like it is sitting on top of me BUT there is no touching, sound or smell)

During this time, I feel I cannot move or shout and feel totally helpless. I cannot see it though there was one time I thought I "saw" a grey shadow figure walking away, but I have had that horrible feeling of someone/somethings face nearly pressed onto mine an during this, I feel paralyzed.

I would rather be flying than having the paralysis moments.

In fact, wouldn't you say that the flying is perhaps an OOBE?

I've experienced the latter. Never the former, but I'd agree without hesitation that I'd prefer weightlessness over restraint. Parish the thought of an unwelcome presence having power over you.

I've heard of those shadowy figures working in Hospice and nursing homes. I've never heard them married to benevolence in reference or testimony.

Mithril46 made a good point when he/she wrote that some people are lightning rods for supernatural forces. Some people are tone deaf while others have perfect pitch. Most people can tolerate gluten but some people can't. Why shouldn't an affinity for supernatural forces work the same way?

I second that sentiment. Mithril's point is probably the most profound statement of the thread.

.There are those who don't give a second thought and dismiss it immediately. They wouldn't so much as turn their heads to look.

.Where there are some people that actually wish to experience these things, they never do.

Some people doubt so much because perhaps they wish to believe.

. Then there are those who don't ask for nor want these things. After awhile they throw their hands up and accept that they're just going to have to live with it and take it with a grain of salt. They do nothing to bring this on nor control it. They're just magnets.

Interesting thread slave to zep. I hope you have a fantastic day.

Interesting as both have been represented as abductors and far more superior intelligently and technologically.

I've experienced the latter. Never the former, but I'd agree without hesitation that I'd prefer weightlessness over restraint. Parish the thought of an unwelcome presence having power over you.

I've heard of those shadowy figures working in Hospice and nursing homes. I've never heard them married to benevolence in reference or testimony.

I second that sentiment. Mithril's point is probably the most profound statement of the thread.

.There are those who don't give a second thought and dismiss it immediately. They wouldn't so much as turn their heads to look.

.Where there are some people that actually wish to experience these things, they never do.

Some people doubt so much because perhaps they wish to believe.

. Then there are those who don't ask for nor want these things. After awhile they throw their hands up and accept that they're just going to have to live with it and take it with a grain of salt. They do nothing to bring this on nor control it. They're just magnets.

Interesting thread slave to zep. I hope you have a fantastic day.

Thank you, and same to you! :)

Yes it is interesting. Thankfully I haven't had another episode yet. Mine was a very unpleasant feeling....

• 3 months later...

Does this sound familiar? I am starting to fall asleep, but I am not quite fully there-more like a stupefy. surprisingly, I feel my heart rate dramatically enhance and then I start having problems getting breath as well. May be I even feel like I can't move my body is paralyzed. All this was very terrifying and for lack of a better term I call it a sleep night paralysis attack.

Does this sound familiar? I am starting to fall asleep, but I am not quite fully there-more like a stupefy. surprisingly, I feel my heart rate dramatically enhance and then I start having problems getting breath as well. May be I even feel like I can't move my body is paralyzed. All this was very terrifying and for lack of a better term I call it a sleep night paralysis attack.

Yea that happens to me sometimes, it's scary. Worst part of it is that you feel like you can't wake yourself up from it, even though you're kind of half-awake, like you said.

Archived